Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding it hard to function Heart broken

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Tork

OP, why did you gloss over this woman kissing (or more?) a married man from work? That's a red flag right there. It really isn't OK to do something like that and it gives you an insight into the sort of person she is. If she had come to her senses and realized that she had made a terrible mistake, why didn't she shut down any further communication between them? He was texting her at 2:30 in the morning, need I say more? It also shows how little respect she has for committed relationships. If she's at ease with messing around with a married bloke, do you really think that being in a relationship herself would stop her from looking elsewhere? OP, you sound lonely and a bit desperate. Neither is a good mindset to have when you're hoping to meet somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 heartbreak

Yeah I am looking back and thinking I have rose tinted glasses on,you're right in everything you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

It’s natural after a recent break up- you only think of the good and what you think you’ve lost. It’s a cliche but it is very true in this instance- time is a healer.

I felt lost too after a few past break ups but now I wouldn’t dream of ever being involved with those people. That same point will come for you too. Focus on you and your personal growth- the rest will follow- exercise/join the gym is great one. Has the added bonus of taking up your time (less time to think about her) and also the physical improvements are attractive as are the health benefits for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 heartbreak

Thanks for the reply

Advertisement