Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheel set deals

Options
  • 03-01-2023 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Where do people get their wheel sets these days?

I checked Wiggle but didn't see any good offers so wondering where else I should look.

Looking for something for TT setup so something between 50mm and 90mm deep for rim brake if that makes any difference.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,246 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

A lot of people are going for brands like Hunt or Scribe - sold direct to consumer.

Some of the German sites maybe also worth a look - Bike24, Bike Discount, Bike Components

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Pretty much, HUNT have a good rep for after service (I haven't had any issues so can't say if its true), Scribe are Irish so should be not a big deal if there are returns and are well priced, I think one or two here have a set. The German sites might have a good deals with DT Swiss builds that are well worth a look as well. I don't think I'd ever go for any of the big name brands again as the cost differential isn't justifiable. I have two sets of HUNT and three sets of Newman (German brand). The Newmans are good, and parts are available on all the German sites but when I had an issue it was easier just to fix myself than go through sending it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,369 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

got some cosmetic second bontrager wheels from mantel 18 months ago. lovely wheels. Great price as well (I was very lucky as well !)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭hesker

I got a set from China last year. Farsports with DT Swiss hubs. Paid all inclusive price up front to include duty and shipping. Very happy with all aspects including communication.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Scribe are Irish? I didn't know that. Must take another look

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Up in Belfast. They had stonking refurb deals on eBay at one point but eBay were adding on charges that don't actually apply and doing something to their delivery charges that scribe insisted was a mistake.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Both mine and a club mates separate orders from Scribe (to Dublin) were sent by Fedex on the following journey: Carrickfergus >> Belfast >> Derby >> Birmingham >> Paris >> Stanstead >> Dublin

The move in and out if the EU is possibly why eBay were adding on charges.

Advertisement