Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shannon Banks - Corbally

• 03-01-2023 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello All,

I am looking to buy a house and one of the areas I am interested in is Shannon Banks. Have been to the area once, and just fell in love with the greenery, the trees and the views of the Shannon River. It's like being in the countryside without moving too far away from the city. I should add I am a non-Irish, non-EU single professional with a young kid who has just moved to the country two years ago.

The only thread on Shannon Banks I found here is 10 years old. Just wondering:

1) Whether the area has changed for the better or the worse since then (e.g., safety, upkeep, floods, etc...)

2) Are most residents there families? singles? professionals? students?

3) The makeup of the residents there? Are they locals? immigrants? a mix of both?

Thanks everyone

Post edited by calvinmobile on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,336 ✭✭✭✭phog

Some of Shannon Banks is in a flood plain so be careful where you're buying. I'm not sure what, if any, flood defences have been installed in the area but I remember seeing residents battling flood waters on the news on more than a few occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭Scar001

I'm originally from "Old" Shannon Banks. My parents lived there for 40 years.

Never any issues. I suspect that most people in the older part are now retired.

As far as I know, the flooding was confined to the new part of the estate close to the river.

Not sure if it was addressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

It's not located in Corbally, Limerick but in Co Clare.

Advertisement