Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Errors in transactions export CSV file

Options
  • 04-01-2023 2:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Over the past two times I have exported transactions I have noticed that some transactions, usually one, are being exported on the wrong side of the ledger, i.e as a credit instead of a debit.

I have identified the cause of the error. The normal number of fields in the export is 5 but the transactions in error has 6 (marked in brackets below)

23/12/2022 (1),POSC22DEC HOMESAVERS (2), (3),3.50 (4), (5), (6)

Normally 5 as per below

23/12/2022 (1),POSC22DEC O DONNELLS (2),1.00 (3), (4), (5)

The fields are date, transaction details, debit value, credit value, balance

The transaction for HOMESAVERS above is in error as that was a debit and the cause is because, looking on the mobile app, the transaction detail HOMESAVERS is actually HOMESAVERS,

The additional trailing comma in the transaction detail needs to be stripped out as the CSV export is seeing it as another field.

Tagged:

Advertisement