Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1970's Omega Quartz

• 04-01-2023 3:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32

Hi all, and a very happy new year to you.

Many thanks for all the help and advice last year on my Panerai and Tudor purchase.

I'm looking for some advice, I have a 1970's Omega Quartz watch, I'm thinking of selling it as I haven't worn it in a couple of years, in fact I need to replace the battery on it. I originally bought it on Chrono24, but can't seem to find any for sale to get an idea of value.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

It's a bit odd, but the case style and dial both seem to indicate a Seamaster ref 196.007X model, but yours doesn't say Seamaster on the dial.

There are some on Chrono24, varying from $600 odd to 1,400 or so.

Quartz Seamasters from this era don't fetch much, as there's one on Adverts for €400

I'd imagine that you'd be looking at something of the order of €400 to 800, as yours is gold, but not branded with a model series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 jagcon1

Thanks Lorddrakul for your help on this.

Yes I thought myself it is shaped very like the Seamaster, but not stamped on the dial. I will scan it on Chrono24 and see what it comes up with as a model. Here's a photo of the inside.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,173 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

There are a few 70's Omega quartz models that get decent money, but they're pretty much all the very early ones, or real rarities. Yours looks to be later 70's/early 80's going by the movement. I'd reckon Lorddrakul nails it. Around the 400 quid mark. Being gold plated doesn't help it actually. Steel nearly always gets a little more.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32 jagcon1

Thanks Wibbs for your reply.

I tried to get some information about it from the watch scanner on the Chrono 24 app and it doesn't recognise it either.

I think I'll throw it up on Adverts and see if there's any interest on it.

I'd like it to be worn rather than sit in a box.

Advertisement