Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40 euros swiped out of my account

• 04-01-2023 3:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭

Just checked my bank app to find 40 yoyos taken from my account over the NY weekend. The detail read:*24 hour top up 0894725061 ............. -40,00.

Rang the number and got "the number you have dialled cannot accept this call. Hang up and call later".

Does anyone have any ideas about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,104 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Could someone have read your card with a reader? ................

It is a problem in some countries which is why people use wallets with RFID protection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 97 ✭✭Saladin Ane

No, I tap with my phone

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

It would have to originate from your bank, have you contacted them to query the transaction?

No, but I will. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Interesting - it listed the line with what looks like this phone-number and that's not your number? I wonder what the bank will say.

• Advertisement

Got in touch with bank security. They are aware. Unfortunately signal problem so will get back to them in the morning.

First one happened on Jan 3 and the second illegal E40 top up on Jan 10th. This named another 089 number. After giving all the details to the bank security, I was quizzed on my on-line usage, whether I clicked on a link etc. They then told me they would try to get my money back. I told them that as they were the custodiands of my funds it was their job to put the money back.

Anyway, *Fraud refund* E80 popped up a few days later. So everything is good. 😊

Advertisement