Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

VW ID.7

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,806 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah that's why I reckon they're not really competing

I guess the i5 is in the same segment but makes the ID.7 look like a bargain

There'll also be the Audi A6 E-tron tourer, but again that's part of VW so they're probably quite happy if you bought one instead of an ID.7

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Just speaking for myself but I was not very impressed with the ID.4, it's inoffensive sure but the interior has suffered from the cost cutting in the initial design of the ID.3/4.

Everything in the ID.7 just feels like a major step-up quality wise, it's far more comfortable I find, bit more sure footed on the road, having driven a couple different ID.4 models over the last few years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭denismc

I think there are more than a few people out there who are anti-crossover and the market is saturated whereas electric tourers are pretty thin on the ground.

While the ID4 is probably better value for money there's something appealing about the ID7.

I might have a look at these in a year or 2 when they turn up in the used market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,635 ✭✭✭✭fits

me too. I took one for a test drive and it was very nice. A class above ID.4 for sure.

Also I miss my heads up display and indeed, dashboard in the model y.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a great looking car and the Saloon interior is definitely a step up from the ID.4

However the base spec Tourer isn't really much above the top spec ID.4 to my knowledge

So you're going to need to really hate SUV style cars to justify the extra expense

Might be better for families with teenagers, I think the ID.7 has a bit more potential leg room in the rear seats but I'm not sure

I might be joining you in looking at them on the used market in a year or two

• Advertisement

I've actually turned the HUD off in my ID.4, used it for 2 years but I found it to be just a distraction. So I'd definitely want to keep the dash display which kind of leaves the ID.7 out for me

Advertisement