Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

building a small extension and renovating a cottage

Options
  • 04-01-2023 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi I am new to this forum in that I have not posted before, I am sure this has been asked many times so apologies in advance. I am looking for a ball park pricing to renovate and extend a semi detached cottage in Wicklow. Total area for renovation is approx. 70sqm with a single story extension of no more that 25sqm for a kitchen utility and if possible a wet room. This extension will be incorporated into the original house I would like to install underfloor heating as I am opting for heat pump system etc. I will also be changing the front windows to triple glazed and with windows and patio door to new extension. I hope to dry line internal walls as the house is granite and update the electric and plumbing for the entire house. Is there any breakdown of costings done recently as some of the ones I have read have been from 2009 and 2016. if anyone can be of some help and I am trying to do a costing so I can decide whether to do in stages or in one go. I am not sure if it is possible to apply for individual grants for each item of work done to the house or is it a case of doing it all together to be eligible I apologise there is so many topics in these few lines so if anyone can answer anything I would be really grateful.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Bracken81

PM Sent

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭kevin306

In a very similar situation myself. Would be very interested to get feedback on this too

Advertisement