Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Kinect

Options
  • 04-01-2023 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭

While watching a video on YouTube I noticed the narrator call the Kinect the worst peripheral ever in gaming. Made me wonder what everyone else's feelings were towards it? I personally loves it, and still take it out from time to time, particularly to play the darts on Kinect sports. Games like the gunslinger and rise of nightmares were some of the most unique, and best experiences I've had in gaming. I think the problem was that it just wasn't supported enough with a large library of software.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Yoshitsune

The Kinect was released when the Nintedo Wii came out with motion controls. The Kinect did not done well with it's supported games but there were a community of hackers and modders to thinker with.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,121 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

This popped up on my YouTube feed the other day

I had it bundled with the original Xbox One and never used it. I both couldn't be arsed waving my arms around while gaming and didn't really have the living room space for it anyway. It was a niche product that they desperately tried portraying as revolutionary, there were some awful eejits running Xbox back then.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It worked pretty well with the games that supported it. It also sold pretty well. It was just a little too expensive and took a bit too much effort to set up for it to really become a cultural success the way the Wiimote did. To call it the worst gaming peripheral is beyond hyperbole. If you want to go that far and only considering first party peripherals the Atari 5200 standard controller had an analogue stick that didn't center making it totally unusable and the original Playstation controller including all iterations up to the Dualshock 3 was horrible. You have Microsoft creating the MS Sidewinder pad, one of the all time great gamepads and then ruining every single iteration after it. Namco following up the god tier Negcon controller with the sucky Jogcon. And there's the laughable Super Scope and Menacer lightguns.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

I agree I couldn't believe it when they said it either. It was on the triple jump channel. Like I said I found games like the gunstringer and rose of nightmares to be some of the most unique and fun games I've ever played. It's just a pity more games weren't released for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭da gamer

I agree I couldn't believe it when they said it either. It was on the triple jump channel. Like I said I found games like the gunstringer and rose of nightmares to be some of the most unique and fun games I've ever played. It's just a pity more games weren't released for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I think Nintendos Power glove would challenge for the title of worst peripheral

Advertisement