Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arch Linux

Options
  • 04-01-2023 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

An OS beloved by Linux enthusiasts and neckbeards alike. I am interested in getting into Arch becuase of the complexity and customisation which is mainly done from the command terminal from my knowledge. Is there anything that should be known for installation and learning the complexity of the commands for the terminal it self? Should I ask my question on Boards.ie or better to ask on a Linux orinated forum instead.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

I'd say the Arch forums might be better prepared to answer you.

What is your question?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Yoshitsune

Arch linux has different command inputs compared to Ubuntu. I am looking on where to learn the commands it self and what resources I can resort to.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 George_Kaplan

As a long time Arch user, though now lapsed: https://wiki.archlinux.org/ is the best first stop, it may be obvious but as per my experience it was the level of documentaiton and detaill available that kept me glued to this distriubution as I learned Linux. At the time it was above and beyond what was avaialble from other distributions. As @niallb says, https://bbs.archlinux.org/ is the next stop and here I often found answers to my issues without the need to ask .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭niallb

There are a few "Rosetta Stone" type documents that list the equivalent tools for Arch, Debian style, Redhat style etc systems.

Are you slightly familiar with Ubuntu tools already?

Starting to read the Arch Wiki and asking for help on the forums is probably the best start, but you'll find a different conversation here and a few of us would probably be interested in how you get on.

Advertisement