Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAMS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭weatherbyfoxer

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭V6400

yea for LESS, submitted the claim as soon as it was open to do it thinking I’d get paid fairly quick. Probably should have known better.

I'm only waiting for approval to be able to buy the tanker,haven't looked for payment yet

• Registered Users Posts: 21 topaha

Hi,

Does anyone know the requirements for the proposed 70% grant aid for new slurry storage being made available to slurry importers? Does there have to be proof of some sort of contract for it in place? (The department will have records anyway). Does it have to be continuous over the past number of years? Or if there was a break (say for 1 yr) in the timeline of importing could that disqualify you?

No substantial info jumping out from what i can see.

T

you can buy away once you’ve applied, all eligible applications will be approved.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what type of aerators are covered by tams? Is it just the spike type aerator or does it cover a subsoiler type aerator?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,651 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

Anyone know if you can purchase TAMS equipment in NI and use receipts for TAMS

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Can be done, but make sure the boxes are ticked. Would be worth while checking it out with DAFM

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭sandman30

As far as I know you can, but the invoice has to be in euros not sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭HHH

What are you in the market for?

I have approval for a leg hoist, head scoop and weigh scales. I'm wondering where is the best place to buy all three?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Just to confirm it’s 37N concrete required for slatted tanks, laybacks etc. What sort of a price is it per metre at the moment does anyone know.

Will make a few phones calls tomorrow but just got a quote through which all materials are being included (for the tanks etc) and previous quotes were labour only so need to price concrete to compare. I know still included too but that’s harder to price without a list.

Has to be either mix a or mix b on the dockets for tams jobs. Both are 37n and 45n with the max chip of 20mm

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭SodiumCooled

Thanks, should be mix b then which is 37N. Info I see there looking it up says mix a (45N) is for silage slabs, silage pit walls etc.

Mix a is for areas in contact with silage effluent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭dmakc

Both the concrete suppliers and concrete worksman should be on top of TAMS requirements too

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lmk123

Ya it’s 37N, it’ll be different everywhere depending on demand and if Roadstone have it all to themselves in the area or not. Around me the mix for tanks ranges from €125 - €142 / M plus vat

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

Hi folks. Does anyone know if the clipex head or condon warrior gate is covered by tams 3 grant. Is it classed as a semi automatic gate?

Headgate no problem what so ever. Would you consider the mobile crush with the squeeze and scales. On a side note I dehorned suckler calves in one on Saturday

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭irishguy19772

Sorry for the ignorance here. We have a small farm with around 21 animals. We have 2 crushes that have seen better days and very old style head gates.

Would we be eligible for a tams grant for safety equipment (am I correct in assuming 60% is paid back if approved). Does this also mean I would have to get someone approved to design the new crush and buy approved materials?

Anyone ever done this and rough costs involved?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭DBK1

Yes, you would be eligible for the 60% grant for safety equipment.

No, you don’t need anyone approved to design the crush, you can do it yourself as long as you stick to the tams specifications. Document S.137 is the specifications for handling facilities.

Yes, you have to buy approved materials which must meet the specs from S.137.

Bear in mind though that there are reference costs for everything with tams and this is the max you will get grant aided on for any item.

As an example, the reference cost for a mobile crush is €2,272. 60% on this is €1,363 in grant aid to you. However you could pay €10,000 if you like for a mobile crush with all the bells and whistles but you’ll still only get €1,363 in grant aid so it’s not as simple as just spending what you like and they give you 60% back.

• Advertisement

for the mobile crush is that 2272+vat. You cannot claim the vat back so it is grant aid of 1363 on a total out lay of 2794.56 inc vat at 23%

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭RobinBanks

I would. I have applied for both grants but in terms of priorities there is a few other things that need to get done this year. Replacing slats, some reseeding and a few other bits. I dont think I will be able to stretch for the full crush but at a minimum i need a good head gate with a scoop for safety reasons.

Have you the mobile crush? any feedback on makes / models?

Did a job a few years ago and like the look of the condon style mobile crush. Designed the job around it and made it a lifetime job. The morris style head gate is super for cattle flow and squeeze on the crush is just fantastic with suckler stock. With all the weighting schemes it has been well paid. Like the posters said above it will be over the the reference cost for scales and a mobile crush, but it really pays in safety and speed of working beef stock. A simple thing of sheeting on the bottom doors is great to mind the feet. Taking time to design it with cattle flow is key, no one piece of investment in handling will save time, it's he collective of lots of little things in the design that when really efficiency is got. Look at the the jobs that you are doing, like the forcing pen, safe working zone, a work area, drafting, area for loading cattle into a trailer, lighting, and even cleaning. Designing it around existing pens in the sheds or yards can help. Imagine at the herd test having all cattle in the yard and sheds and it's only a matter of moving them.

If you do consider it really drives down the cost of the scales as most are designed for weight bars under them. Any time I want to weight it's only bring out the clock and connect it. Cattle are so used to going over it it you weight stock quick. I always weight stock before going to the factory and will run the whole bunch over the scales and draft off the ones I want. I have a good handle on thrive of the remainder then.

Other makes out there are the te pari, Bateman, and the clipex. Condons was the cheaper and sufficient for nearly all Irish farmers, bar a feedlot.

Would agree on slats first and grazing infrastructure next followed by handling. Feel free to drop a DM

The option of a scales can be added in to drive the cost down if you don't have one already.

Correct on the vat and the tams grant aid, but for most farmers something like this is a lifetime investment in their own and staff safety. Anyone doing a new handling yard should really take time to weight up the options longterm

Finally received the approval letter today for my TAM's LESS application I applied for on the 12th of December

When putting in the invoice for a claim on a slurry tanker with trailing shoe do you need the costing of both on the invoice or will just the total price paid do?

AFAIK items that are granted aided separately have to be costed individually

Slava Ukrainii

Yea I thought so,just need to make sure the garage has the amounts right on the two items on the invoice to make sure neither go over approved costings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭razor8

Probably a silly question, but i see theirs a Tams grant for a manure pit but none for a dungstead.

what exactly is the difference??

• Advertisement

And accelerated capital allowances on it aswell

Advertisement