Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

State Savings Joint Account - Online transactions?

• 04-01-2023 10:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭

Anyone here got a joint state savings product? Purchased a savings bond with my partner, a paper application at the post office was required for the first purchase and I was expecting to receive a pin for online access.

Didn't arrive and we were told we need to register for online access separately. Did that, waited for a signature form to be posted out and back; now they say it doesn't match and needs to be witnessed and sent again with ID.

Since it's proving a long journey to get online access, can anyone confirm if we can purchase further JOINT bonds online when we get in? Or are they going to require us to do paper forms at a post office to add and withdraw?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 440 ✭✭towger

Yes I have an online account as does my wife and are able to buy Prize Bonds online in our joint names.

We each have an individual account, but in there can buy jointly.

I remember the process to get set up was a bit painful all right, but in the end does work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,066 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

We're both registered online but any renewals of joint certs or bonds have to be done offline as the site advises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 495 ✭✭rustyfrog

Hmn seems like conflicting reports? Or is renewals different to buying new?

Advertisement