Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sewage treatment plant - Skerries - smell?

Options
  • 04-01-2023 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I am looking at buying a property in Skerries. I've heard that there can be problems with a smell from the sewage plant in neighbouring and nearby estates.

Is this still the case? Is it frequent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Presumably you intend to buy in the Barnageera area? I live about 1km away from it and I can't say I've ever noticed any odours nor have I heard anyone else talking about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

There have been a couple of incidents over the years where for a day or two there's been an unpleasant smell in the area coming from the treatment plant. It is far from being a regular occurrence.

However, during long spells of hot weather the seaweed on Barnageera beach can start to rot. This can be a bit stinky.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 tbcq1234

Yes, looking at Kellys Bay estates and Barnageera.

Ah did not realise the seaweed also can be stinky.

Advertisement