Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost removal structural wall - county Cork 2023

Options
  • 05-01-2023 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking to get a ballpark on how much it might cost to take down a load bearing wall between the kitchen and dining room in my new house in county Cork.

The old part is build in circa 1850 (good structural shape) and the extension in 1980, it's the old exterior wall that already has an opening of aprox. 1,2m which I'm looking to extened to 3 meters, total wall lenght is around 4 meters. As there is already a hight differance between the old part of the building and the extension I do not expect a flush ceiling. Except from the doorway, there are no radiators on either side of the wall or electrics.

Anyone take an estimated guess as to how much that job would cost? Obviously, give it's a major structural amendment, a structural engineers tick off would be required.

I know there's probably gonna be a significant price differential between a visible beam below the roof and a flush ceiling. Any idea how much?

Comments

Advertisement