Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

👁️ Enoch Watch 👁️

Updated 3 September 2023

• Thurs July 6 - High Court (Justice Roberts) grants EB temporary injuction preventing Disciplinary Appeal Panel from proceeding on 7 July.
    • Mon Aug 8 - High Court (Justice Dignam) defers judgement on the appeal against the injunction preventing the Disciplinary Appeal Panel from proceeding. Judgement still pending.
    • Mon Aug 28 - EB resumes daily protest at WHS by entering premises and standing in a corridor.
    • Fri Sept 1 – Day 79 of EB protest at Wilsons Hospital School post dismissal.*
    • Sun Sept 3 – Fines x 220 Days @ €700 per day (27 Jan to 3 Sept inclusive) = €154,000 + legal costs + €15k in damages for trespass.

🏳️‍🌈 ⚧️ Donations to "Enough Enoch" GoFundMe in support of Irish LGBTQ+ charities = €11,295 ⚧️ 🏳️‍🌈

Donations to "Enoch Burke" GoFundMe to assist Enoch Burke pay daily fines = €40 (no change)

Donations to a new gofundme "Pay Enoch Burke's Legal Costs" started 18 July 2023 = €0 (no change)

*School closures / Public Holidays / Court Dates are excluded.

The only person I ever heard claim this was Enoch himself. (Didn't someone give him a bag of scones?)

Never heard anyone else saying so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Allegedly according to the new book of Enoch [21st century version]. The earlier book of Enoch was found to be apocryphal and removed from the bible.

Apocryphal.

That's my new word for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Link to get around the paywall - https://archive.ph/57UIR

The narcissism of this guy and his family is unreal. They are not following a Christian ethos or even the non-religious code that most people accept - ‘Don’t be a dickhead’. He doesn’t care who is impacted as long he gets what he wants.

I wonder have the school tried this

School: ‘Enoch, you don’t have any classes assigned to you. No need to ‘present yourself for work’ everyday. If we assign classes to you, we’ll give you a call. That’ll save your aul lad a very bob on petrol at least.’

I’ve said before on this thread, this whole saga has ruined their chances of ever getting anywhere in the future. They could have taken a ‘slow and steady’ approach and, despite their previous notoriety, would’ve gotten jobs and positions of influence. That’ll never happen now.

This was not a well thought out plan. Once the Disciplinary Panel approve his termination and whatever High Court appeal the Burkes stage after that plays out, I can’t see what move they could possibly make.

Protest outside the school forever? Get picked up for trespass a couple of times and claim it was about ‘transgenderism’? Honestly, he should have been committed to psychiatric care when he kept turning up to school last year. If he keeps it up after all the appeals have played out, I think it’s the only place for him.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

A thought occured to me - where was he living before all this kicked off? Surely he wasn't comuting with Dad every day from Castlebar even when he WAS teaching?

And why did he move back when he got fired?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

I remember some reference to him either renting locally, or he may have been living in staff accommodation as WHS is a boarding school.

Probably moved home once he got out of Mountjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,985 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Said it before and will say it again; a permanent injunction against him coming within 500 metres of any gate to the school should be granted.

Then the Guards would have to detain him and keep him locked up until midnight every day.

Justice Owens said the school was entitled to a permanent injunction.

Speculation on my part, but I'm guessing his appeal against his dismissal in front of the Disciplinary Appeal Panel has to be heard first - to finally put the issue of his dismissal to rest, and then the school can apply for the permanent injunction.

It all seems a very long drawn out process. All the while, he is still on the payroll!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭apache

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The prejudiced will always find someone to Other; and the crazy thing about trans is they amount to a much smaller percentage of the demographic than "the gays" of yore.., yet to hear the outcries and wailing of others they're everywhere, ready to pervert our kids. Or more hilariously, athletes will switch genders to get ahead in their careers. I've never seen so much mental energy reserved for such a small slice of society, treated like they're a threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

I said it before and it's obvious

If anything happened such as him going berzerk or someone attacking him

Well all be saying how was he allowed to stay in the corridor

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

The school are in an impossible position. If they get the Gardai involved in his trespass than he's going to end up back in prison and they won't be able to continue with the appeals process, which they have to continue paying him until it's all finished. If they do nothing he's just going to continue trespassing and that's not acceptable either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,535 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

He isn't doing any harm to anyone.

No all's well ATM

But if anything happened the question will be why was he allowed in the corridor

• Registered Users Posts: 9,767 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Go stand in a building you've been sacked from and let us know how you get on, imagine being a first year wondering why there's some creepy weirdo standing in the hall every day.

National school is different

It's ultra freaky showing up like that

Theres been so much sh1t like Dunblane it just shouldn't be allowed to continue

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You don’t mind if I hang out outside your kids classroom, presumably?

Its a lot more weird to be hanging round outside a classroom than to be hosting an event where parents can decide if they want to bring their kids.

He is not harming anyone?

How do you think the LGBTQ students (and maybe staff) feel about his presence?

Or indeed the student that EB kicked off over? (if still attending WHS).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

He is just showing how sad act he is doing mammys bidding and when the penny drops that he is totally unemployable in his teaching profession for the rest of his life and has no future and no life in the real world and wait till the old lady kicks the bucket.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,313 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

He is a disruptive presence to all the LGBT+ kids, their friends, families, teachers and anyone - most - who are just trying to get on with their day. He's being an àsshole for no benefit except to his overinflated sense of religious martyrdom.

In any other context, a man wandering into a school uninvited and making himself comfy in the corridor, would be considered a security risk and rightly treated as one. The Burke has made himself a legal nuisance I'd probably the only reason the Guards aren't called, his àss thrown out the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Not sure about the scones but on this thread, at the time the whole borefest kicked off, it was a thing. Actually had one person say it to me in real life too. I've not heard of anyone since, oddly.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I remember some parents saying he was a good teacher. Now, whether or not his behaviour and remarks have changed their open or not is unknown. I'm guessing yes.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭Tork

Did the school ever replace him with another permanent teacher? Or do they have to wait until all his appeals are finished before they can do that?

I don't know, I would assume they have hired a replacement, but not on a permanent contract until this mess is sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fascinating. Any idea what the last lad was on about with the civil partnership Bill?

He's not even raising awareness or whatever he's trying to highlight

I can barely remember the original issue in any detail

He's just making a muppet of himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭pgj2015

How come he is allowed inside the school this year?

Advertisement