Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Given that he has been in receipt of a full salary this whole time , even if there was some procedural error he's not going to get compensation for it.

The school might get a tut-tut from the WRC and Enoch will be told to go away.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

There's a half hour statement from mammy and one of his siblings recorded outside Mountjoy on his Twitter account now.

I haven't watched it myself yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,000 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The WRC don't do "Tut-Tuts". They don't relitigate the case.

If they find Burke was sacked without proper procedure they can award him his salary post sacking up to nearly 40K. Now the school may be happy to pay or they may appeal it to the labour court.

Again I am playing devils advocate here, I have read enough WRC judgements over the past 8 years to know that you don't pre determine what their outcome might be. The case I highlighted above was not a one off incident.

But like I said the most likely outcome will be his entire family get hauled out of the room by the guards if it indeed does go to WRC.

• the mental gymnastics at play here to make the point burke can go legal is astounding..

for the record also he HAS been fired. His employment is terminated. The fact there’s an appeal hearing due does not change that fact.

this isn’t like if you’re charged with a crime where you have a presumption of innocence. The appeal panel is there to determine whether or not the due process was followed & they will no doubt use his behaviour throughout all of this when forming a decision.

How anyone thinks he has a hope left is beyond me. He’s finished, he knows it and he’s throwing an adult tantrum about it.

Try to remember also his sister tried this exact same crap with Arthur Cox and she never made it beyond WRC

Edit: that is she tried to claim her sacking was due to her religion, this was very quickly proven wrong. It will be the same for enoch. Just because he shouts loudly about his religion does not mean anyone with two brain cells to run together can’t see it’s a diversionary tactic.

European Court of Human rights.. give me strength lads

make the point burke can go legal is astounding.

You do realise he was successful in halting his own appeal against his dismissal?

It is currently held up in the high court.

He is still technically suspended on full pay.

So yeah the reality is Burke can and is going legal, that's what these cretins tend to do, because they have the will and the finance.

Try to remember also his sister tried this exact same crap with Arthur Cox and she never made it beyond WRC

Edit: that is she tried to claim her sacking was due to her religion, this was very quickly proven wrong

It's been a while since I read about that case but I don't think there was a religious angle to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

It's the Burkes. Everything has a religious angle.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

He has been sacked.

Enoch Burke formally dismissed by Wilson's Hospital School

EB was formally dismissed on 20 January this year. WHS agreed to keep paying him (they are a private school), most likely on legal advise, pending the outcome of the three person independent Disciplinary Appeal Panel hearing which was originally scheduled for 21st April. They didn't have to keep paying him.

The only reason the DAP didn't proceed on its original scheduled date in April was because of a delay in Justice Owens delivering his ruling after the full trial back in March. Then in July EB raised an objection to the appointment of Mr Kieran Christie, the General Secretary of the ASTI, to the DAP as he claimed Mr Christie "promotes transgenderism". Justice Dignam's ruling on that has yet to be delivered.

It's the department of education that pays him. Even for private schools.

The only reason the DAP didn't proceed on its scheduled date of April 21 was because of a delay in Justice Owens delivering his ruling after the full trial back in March. Then in July EB then raised an objection to the appointment of Mr Kieran Christie, the General Secretary of the ASTI, to the DAP as he claimed Mr Christie "promotes transgenderism". Justice Dignam's ruling on that has yet to be delivered.

Yes, like I said he was successful in halting his own appeal.

The high court have placed a temporary stay on it.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Are they withholding his salary to cover the fines?

And if not , why not??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Especially considering his behaviour around the whole issue since his suspension- I couldn’t even see the WRC supporting him given his antics - there’s quite likely some procedural issues that weren’t eyed and dotted correctly but given the wider picture I think even the WRC will excuse those

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 16,900 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

What's next, will posters here claim the UN will take on his case? 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭Oscar_Madison

Thank goodness I need a Twitter account to see it- I will just have to live in blissful ignorance 😀

I've no idea.

I don't know if DOE is still paying him since his formal dismissal, or if he is salary has being covered by WHS since then. Whomever is paying it, you can be sure it was on foot of legal advice, so as not to give him anything else to try and use as leverage. He accused the High Court of punishing him for his religious beliefs and trying to make a pauper of him by imposing fines on him for contempt of court.

Might be a good PQ for the Minister for Education.

Actually they are no longer a fee paying school.

Wilson's Hospital School stopped charging fees for tuition in 2011 and moved from being a private, fee-paying school to being a voluntary secondary (public) school in the free education system.

So yeah DOE are still paying him, I imagine this would be standard on foot of an appeal.

Remember not all appeals agree with the BOM.

Also the BOM are not obliged to follow the direction of the appeals panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Life is too short to watch that. I got 5 seconds into his last video on the Indo. ‘I think it’s disgraceful..’ Luckily I copped myself on and closed the page.

Edit: curiousity got the better of me. Manages a minute. Joaiah could’ve done with a script. He said the date and Mountjoy about 10 times in that minute.

This is the kind of lunacy being posted in response.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,628 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Hopefully if he is still in receipt of pay from either WHS or the Dept pending the outcome of all legal appeals he started into the way he was treated by WHS and then dismissed, the funds are being lodged into a secure account he cannot access until the legality of the sacking process is decided upon beyond any appeal by him.

If it's decided he was improperly sacked, then provide him the correct sum of money from that account in recompense. If all procedures were followed properly in sacking him, then return the account monies to the Dept or WHS whichever put the monies into the account.

Sequester all monies and property he owns to recompense those who have suffered from his unlawful activities. If he continues those activities after that date, arrest and prosecute him at district or circuit court level for trial by a jury of his peers. The DOJ can secure him away from contact with ODC's or other convicted inmates.

I think that most people debating his activities here will have used their thought processes and not his in figuring out who has behaved responsibly in all his dealings with others at WHS and Court levels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭lmao10

Usually what happens is these far right telegram and other groups are weaponised in a way that the members are given instructions to post comments under whatever twitter article. You can be sure most of those who made comments were directed there by some far right types. I've seen them directed to post on boards threads too. It's a small group of weirdos basically. Always the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,344 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Jaysus! That Mary Ann wan needs to go to mammy Burke for English lessons.

You missed a bit.

Fee Structure (2023/24)

Wilson's Hospital School stopped charging fees for tuition in 2011 and moved from being a private, fee-paying school to being a voluntary secondary (public) school in the free education system. This has substantially broadened access to our school, and we are very proud of this. Very competitive fees do still apply to students who wish to board and to day students who wish to avail of extra services, outlined below.

They do still charge fees. Their fee structure is on their website, if you care to look beyond the first line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I think it could be inferred though. His behaviour towards the school head followed her new ruling on the transgender name issue. Until that he had no issues with the head teacher. The way he went about was mad but still directly as a result of the new instruction towards the transgender child's name.

The fees and what they are for are listed on the website at the link provided above. I didn't want to bother listing them out.

The fact is, while WHS may not charge for tuition, it does have fee paying students.

No I didn't because it isn't relevant.

That's for boarding, meals, etc

I went to a non fee paying school who also had borders.

1. Boarding Fees 2023/24:

From August 2023, Wilson’s will once again offer 7-Day boarding. Our boarding fees are exceptionally competitive and offer superb value for money in a home away from home environment where care comes first.

• 5-Day Boarding: €10,500 (€5,250 per half year)
    • 7-Day Boarding: €18,900 (€9,450 per half year)
    • 7-Day Overseas Boarding (Price on Application)
      • Airport transfers, Cambridge English classes, laundry, and administration will be factored in
    • No 5-Day Overseas Boarding
    • Payable by 1st August 2023 and 1st January 2024

Discounts for 2nd and subsequent children are as follows. These are subject to the child not being on a maximum grant.

• 2nd child: €500per annum
    • 3rd and subsequent children: €750 per annum

2. Day Boarding Fees 2023/24:

Day Boarders are students who do not stay overnight, but who wish to avail of a range of services provided by the school at an exceptionally competitive rate.

• Total inclusive charge: €2,500 (€1,250 per half year)
    • Payable by 1st August 2023 and 1st January 2024

Discounts for 2nd and subsequent children are as follows. These are subject to the child not being on a maximum grant.

• 2nd child: €100per annum
    • 3rd and subsequent children: €125 per annum

Services included:

• Mid-morning snack
    • Midday meal (hot, with second helpings)
    • After-school study (4.00pm – 5.30pm)
    • Extra-Curricular Programme (including Clubs & Societies, sports etc. Mon-Thurs)
    • Evening dinner (hot, with second helpings) and dessert
    • Evening Prep (6:30pm – 10:00pm)
    • Matron: medical care & routine treatments
    • Pastoral care
    • Chaplaincy care

3. Day Pupil Fees 2023/24:

• Total inclusive charge: €1,600 (€800 per half year)
    • Payable by 1st August 2023 and 1st January 2024

• 2nd child: €100per annum
    • 3rd and subsequent children: €125 per annum

Services included:

• Mid-morning snack
    • Midday meal (hot, with second helpings)
    • After-school study (4.00pm – 5.30pm)
    • Extra-Curricular Programme (including Clubs & Societies, sports etc.: Mon-Thurs)
    • Matron: medical care & routine treatments
    • Pastoral care
    • Chaplaincy care

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭PeadarCo

The problem with all this is that there is a process to follow an EB(Enoch Burke) didn't follow it. If you have a disagreement with your boss you don't go shouting at them in public. For all EBs talk about transgenderism at no point has he actually raised a formal dispute about it. Shouting at your boss in public and publicly harassing them isn't the way you go about raising a formal dispute.

EB will try to litigate this as much as possible but the problem is that from day 1 EB has never actually engaged in the avenues available to him. For some reason he and his family believe for some reason the rules and laws of society don't apply to them. Those laws only appear to apply to other people for some reason. That's why he has ended up in jail and its why he is facing a gigantic legal bill when all this is over.

The sad fact is that if he had actually followed the proper procedures he would definitely be not in jail and would definitely have been far more successful in a relative sense at least (even if he would probably be unsuccessful at the end of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,754 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yes indeed and I agree entirely but he was badly advised by mammy and should have engaged a competent solicitor.

You claimed WHS isn't a fee paying school. It is.

Maybe not all students are fee paying, but WHS is still a fee paying school.

As you've just proven yourself by posting up the list of fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

It was the use of ALLCAPS that made it particularly convincing for me.

Ah you are just being silly now.

You claimed.

(they are a private school)

Again this isn't my opinion.

Wilson's Hospital School stopped charging fees for tuition in 2011 and moved from being a private, fee-paying school to being a voluntary secondary (public) school in the free education system.

They charge fees like every other single school in the country that provide extra services.

Just accept you are wrong and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭Dazler97

He's a fool and all the gay community hates him ,I'm sure the rest of the country agrees and hugely dislikes him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

By your logic, so is every school that charges students for lunch or tea or photocopy paper or after school activities.

Advertisement