Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

He was a man going into a shop on Christmas Eve.

He wasn't on any constituency business nor sitting in the Dail at the time.

In essence he was off duty.

If they wanted to raise their concerns with him, turn up politely and calmly at his constituency office when it's taking walk-ins or send an email.

Aggressively accosting a representative when he's alone and doing is shopping is just nasty and intimidating.

It's only themselves they're making a scene of now. Any rational person watching that isn't going to think "good on them".

All I thought was disgusting entitled muppets.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Mr Disco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭chooseusername

It’s probably how Enoch confronted his headmistress!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,521 ✭✭✭eightieschewbaccy

Let's also point out, that in effect they're repeating the same bs that Enoch engaged in. Harangue people with no actual results to get attention. They're happy for their son/brother to remain in prison cause they're obsessed with martyrdom. If anything, I'd say they're hoping for additional arrests. Annoying pricks is what they amount to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Harassing the man and trying to corner him while he is out doing a bit of shopping just before Christmas is not the time or the place.

I'm just glad Alan Dillon's young family wasn't with him - I doubt even that would have stopped them.

They know no boundaries and behaved like a pack of wild dogs.

(I hope Tesco's barred them).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Well said they knew exactly what they were doing and all for effect for their agenda, Alan Dillon was going about his personal business into a shop like any other person is entitled to do and just shows they are scummy.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Mr Disco threadbanned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭lmao10

I read on here before some speculation that one of the kids left the family in the past. Is this documented anywhere or just speculation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

From protesting outside politician’s houses to hassling Alan Dillon like this, it’s a short step to our Jo Cox moment. Hopefully not but all it takes is a tweet or telegram to push someone to it.

We had the Dublin Riots, an Algerian bus driver was about to be set upon only some brave man stepped in to save him.

McGregor’s disappearing tweet about ‘evaporating’ accommodation for asylum seekers and a few weeks later a hotel is burnt to the ground.

Unfortunately we are in an upswing here. The only bright light I can see is that decent people stand up to this sh1t and we have excellent tracking of the extremism elements online. Might not always prevent a crime but it isn’t a complete unknown to the authorities.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Why is Enoch still on the payroll if he's been sacked?

Have any of the fines levied against him been collected?

p.s. I think they are all complete loonies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,550 ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

From protesting outside politician’s houses to hassling Alan Dillon like this, it’s a short step to our Jo Cox moment. Hopefully not but all it takes is a tweet or telegram to push someone to it

I don't disagree, but I don't agree a Burke is gonna be the one to do it - or any religious extremist. I think there's a dangerous bubbling cohort of externally influenced racist shítbags who as you say, are a short step from our Jo Cox incident. I'm hoping the Dublin riots slapped the authorities into action to better police the frothing right wing malcontents trying to destabilise Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,706 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

The courts should put an attachment order on his earnings then. Enoch has no intention of paying his fines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The Burkes will never kill anyone. How could they claim victimhood then?

All these videos from the different culture warriors (not just the Burkes) lowering the level of what is acceptable behaviour to others seeps into the consciousness of the vulnerable and violent people, who do commit these acts.

It’s the constant drip feed of this stuff and never quite saying fully what they mean, leaving their followers to finish their thoughts, that makes it all so insidious.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭lmao10

No I was thinking of the family but it looks like it was all speculation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Supposedly a sister is a teacher in a secondary school in Castlebar, It was the one they protested outside when a TD visited a few months back. So they don't give a shite whose grave they shite on.

Poor girl in the staff room, Why did you tell them the TD was coming? I didn't I haven't talked to them in years.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,053 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Not naming any particular names but that video of his "supporters" outside the school posted earlier has some dangerous characters, one complete looper in particular whom I wouldn't put it past going a step further.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Yep.

He was arrested in Ballybrack

He was hanging the gallows at the Dail.

The Burkes have gained a following amongst violent far right extremists.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Subscribers Posts: 41,482 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,749 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I always said that nutcases attract nutcases. If you released two on either side of the city of Dublin they'd meet up in O'Connell Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

In the absence of having any discernable talent or skills worth employing, these are presumably "full time" malcontents, whose hard right stances just allow for a plethora of bottom feeding groups to cross-pollinate. I'd well believe there are individuals Who even members of these groups think are a bit nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

I'm no fan of politicians but these people are really taking things too far.

I've no sympathy for them, never had, and while I agree no one should be 'made' call a teen by a gender different to the one they were born with, the Burke's are too unwilling to listen to anyone else's opinion.

The man should have been left to do his shop in peace. Whatever about speaking to him in his office or dail Eireann or on a public street and calmly, following him into a shop is stretching things.

Christians my ar$e.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Balagan1

No sane mother would be orchestrating the destruction of her children's futures and happiness and no mentally and emotionally healthy offspring would collectively be in the thrall of such a mother. How can it end in anything other than tragedy?

• Paul Kehoe saying what we’re all thinking

really though this is absolutely scandalous and beyond the pale imo. Whatever about Enoch what the hell has this guy got to do with it? A dad trying to get some shopping on Christmas Eve harassed by a gang of clowns— for what?

Because Leo Varadkar appointed a judge to the court of appeal?? It’s really time they’re all harshly dealt with. This is absolutely just scumbag behaviour.

Wait, I don't know how I missed it but yeah they did indeed put their hands on Dillon. So not just personal space invasion but outright manhandling. Ok, throw them in jail cos if Dillon is inclined he probably has a legitimate case now.

• It’s a bloody disgrace. A man trying to do his shopping on one of the busiest evenings of the year.

A man who by all accounts is irrelevant to the situation! Were it his dying wish Alan Dillon has no control over burkes situation. But this is classic it’s everyone’s fault but theirs.

If I were Alan I would 100% be reporting this to the Gardai. He has plenty of witnesses, cctv and video. It’s an open and shut case of harassment, public intimidation and assault imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭I.R.Y.E.D

That's an insult to wild dogs, they actually have a beneficial family structure and are useful to the rest of the environment that they populate.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,329 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

First time I've actually seen it - she actually sounds a bit stressed out. Almost like it's actually getting to her and she was on the verge of breaking down in tears.

Question though - how did they know where Dillon would be? Does he have a routine, were the following him around or was it just a coincidence?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

how did they know where Dillon would be? Does he have a routine, were the following him around or was it just a coincidence?

Dillon's constituency is about 10 minutes walk from there via the busiest part of Castlebar. Dunnes and Tesco are beside each other with a huge car park out front. If they were looking to 'accost' him and he's any way regular a customer in the evenings it wouldn't be hard to 'arrange' that encounter without attracting prior suspicion...

Advertisement