Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,611 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Not sure what you are on about. The child's name is the child's name. Some names are used for both male and female. If you have some issue over anything, you can easily avoid it by calling them their name. If the child thinks they are something else, well then they are probably getting enough stick from the other kids without the teacher piling in with a few additional digs.

If the kids name is skippy, call them skippy. You don't need to make a big deal out of it. I knew a fella in school whose middle name was "Mary". Apparently common enough back in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,211 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

I'm not sure what you're on about either, it was your kangaroo reference that initially caught my attention ....

By all accounts Burke is a total idiot for not staying away from the school. I mean what kind of a person disobeys the courts and turns up to the place he's been fired/excluded from, crazy stuff altogether, the whole family seem rather "cracked" if I can say that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,400 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

He could never live a ‘normal’ life anywhere, he’s a freak.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You are extrapolating all the fake cat stories and coming up with nonsense about Kangaroos. All the "child identified as a cat" have been proved fake.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

It was Donald Trump who first introduced the kangaroo in #85, not me.

I was curious though as to his analogy with said kangaroo and the theory that you go along with the child's illusion by calling them a kangaroo, presumably with the rest of the children also buying into to the idea that one of their class is actually a kangaroo! Anyway, this is what I was curious about, although I'm still non the wiser.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Total sidebar, but apparently the whole "child identified as a cat" thing was (accidentally?) born from the fact some US classrooms have kitty litter trays. Why you ask? Because in the event of a school shooter incident kids would be locked in their classrooms, so in case they need the bathroom they could squat over the tray and relieve themselves. Which is probably even more likely given they'd be píssing themselves in fear if they were about to be shot.

So, if true, there you go: the whole Anti-Woke Right Wing hysterical screed over pronouns and kitty litter is actually a smoke-screen for a much more tragic, depressing reality of America's destructive obsession with guns and gun violence. Open to correction here 'cos the idea of little kiddos having to use cat litter 'cos they're hiding from someone who wants to shoot them is so depressing it's heartbreaking.

Post edited by pixelburp on

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

All the "child identified as a cat" have been proved fake.

Those stories are actually predicated by an even worse truth that makes "Conservatives" look bad , so this is how they chose to spin in.

There ARE schools in the US that have kitty litter in the class-rooms.

But it's not there for children who identify as Cats though..

It's there so that when those children are locked in their classrooms because of an Active shooter on the loose they can use it to go to the bathroom as they wait to get murdered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,649 ✭✭✭Floppybits

Is Enoch Burke still in jail?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,491 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Yes. And will remain thus 'til he purges his contempt. Or an evangelical junta takes over the country. Whichever happens first.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I had to try explain this to my parents over Christmas, because they heard someone in a school in a nearby town asked to be identified as a cat. I explained the thing about the litter trays, I explained about how these were lies spread in America first before they started being copied over here, I explained how someone in that town is probably saying a kid in our town wants to be identified as a cat, and someone in a different town heard that someone in another town and so on etc etc.

A few days later, had to explain it to them again because they referenced it again. Have to admit, lost a little respect for them. Didn't think they'd be taken in by such lies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,464 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You had to explain it again because they switched off and were not listening the first time. The whole kitty litter thing is more interesting as a 'child wants to be identified as a cat' thing than the real reason.

Meanwhile this is nothing to do with the brainwashed obduracy of Burke and his family, there is nothing much to be said about him at the moment. Just more of the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Yes, he hasn't purged his contempt.

I think we need an updated Mountjoy version!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Another one claiming to not know the difference between a state of mind and a tangible object...?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,402 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

He had to explain it again because the CHOSE to switch off and CHOSE not to listen the first time.

In the same way Burke and the rest of the anti-transgroups - religious and otherwise - CHOOSE to not listen.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,686 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah the second time I explained it, my father said "Ah sure the whole thing's gone too far anyway". Similar to how the cat discussion came about during discussions about Burke and how he's being jailed for his religious beliefs (another thing I had to explain to them wasn't true).

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

To be fair in relation to the misconceptions about why Burke is in jail.

The Media bear massive blame here in terms of how they continue to talk about the whole "refused to call a boy a girl" thing when that has absolutely ZERO to do with why there have been multiple courts cases, hearings , fines and jail time.

..... agreed, his initial beef was one thing which should have been sorted out at head teacher level in a civilised & mannerly way, possibly going to court? But then Burke makes the mistake of abusing people and ultimately going crazy, off the rails and into jail, where he belongs, for not abiding by the school exclusion order. He's his own worst enemy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

OT now.

Füçking hell!!

And people are losing their sh 1 T over someone changing their name, pronoun, clothes they want wear.

Pronoun choice is no different to someone being called Sir, Father or anything else.

Maniacs are shooting up schools and walking around WalMart with assualt rifles strapped to their backs while they do their shopping but the work a child (probably 1 in 1000) at most wants to use, that’s the problem to focus on first.

Theres a solution to guns. Control them. Ban the sale of models. Background checks. Look at what other countries have done. All practical things that can be done.

But there is no endless debate in that. Topics like this and immigration, you can talk about forever without resolving or delivering on anything. Perfect for politicians and attention seekers of all varieties.

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

As I said. ALL fake.

Every time.

There were stories in the news about England, America, Scotland and Ireland about kids identifying as cats. Every time the story was fake.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Luna84

I haven't read through the thread so it may have been mentioned already but Enoch has ruined his life he will never get a job as a teacher in this country plus others as he would have to disclose his past about what happened. I honestly believe what happened him is bad and there are real criminals who have spent less time than him in jail.

• Advertisement

He's in jail due to his own making. if he purged his contempt he'd be out tomorrow; he was already given a taste of jail the first time he was in contempt of court so this is entirely on his shoulders. A high court action only taken because he refused to comply with a restraining order caused by his physical altercations and interference with school staff.

He deserves no sympathy and whataboutery over "real criminals" is irrelevant

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭z80CPU
    Darth Randomer

Yes, Enoch has ruinous prospects. There are real criminals who have never spent time in jail!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

So what's your suggestion for resolving this? I'm all ears.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,872 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

If a response to contempt of court is not carried through the courts lose all authority. How can they decide to jail someone for contempt then later decide 'ah well it been a while now, he's not going to give in, lets let him out' . It is absolutely the simplest thing for him to say, ok, I'll do as the court instructs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Tork

You could look into buying shares in Applegreen I suppose. If they were to let him out of prison, there's no way he'd see it as a reason to stop showing up at the school. We know from past experience that when he's not in prison or in court, he goes to the school. Is there an end date for that? The only one I can think of is 30-odd years into the future when he reaches retirement age. In the meantime, he'll continue to ignore the fines accumulating and he'll owe several squillion euros by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,884 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Applegreen?

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

Wut? I am not disputing any of that, though not sure what Applegreen has to do with it or why I should buy shares?

I assume because of the profit impact of all the money Daddy Burke will be spending in Applegreen filling the car everyday, as he drives Enoch from Mayo to Mullingar for his daily vigil at the school gates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

The fuel for daddy burkes car has to come from somewhere

Advertisement