Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

Bump..

This thread is now doing the annoying thing where you can't see the last comment posted.

Bump..

Bump…

Bump…

• Registered Users Posts: 16,199 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

I wonder if mandated therapy sessions in prison would work. Enoch has been brainwashed. It might make sense to have one of those deprogramming guys have a chat with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭chooseusername

The deprogramming guy would end up converted to Burkism, or in a padded cell.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Indeed - The Panel at the WRC said that Ammi actually had a reasonable case to bring forward in regards to her dismissal(At least it was worth a proper hearing not that she would have won)

But because she and her Mother couldn't stop ranting and roaring and accusing everyone of corruption and collusion they eventually just dismissed the whole thing and ruled against her.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭gym_imposter

That sounds a little Chinese, it's up to individuals to allow the Penny to drop

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The vast majority of people recognise the jurisdiction of the courts [even if they don't understand all the theory behind it] and they pretty quick realise it when they sit in a prison cell for awhile knowing that the only way out is by accepting it. The difference is that the majority of people will have people in their bubble confirming this while the Burke bubble does the exact opposite.

But it is truly amazing who an entire family can go through higher education and not one of them has managed to figure it out…..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭prunudo

They may have odd and have differing views but I'm surprised there isn't more push back against what happened Jemima last week. The gardai and the judiciary rushed through a court session and charged her in dubious circumstances.

All in the same week as we saw a soldier given an easy ride by the system, this women was charged for saying the gaurd and the coroner would be judged by god, hardly the threat of the century.

They may be a pain in the arse but seems what happened her was disproportionate, especially given the coroner called her scum of the earth.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

They have "figured it out" , at least they think they have.

They see this as some Righteous crusade and that an eternal reward awaits them for all their labours here on this earthly plane.

Breaking through that Religious shield that has been created by the parents is virtually impossible.

I have a feeling (and it just a feeling) that the good people of Mayo, and the local Gardai, are coming to the end of their tether with the Burkes and their antics.

I also think it was Jemima who stuck her phone in Simon Harris' face, not Ammi, but I'd have to look at the video again - I could be wrong about that. But it looked more like Jemima than Ammi to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭prunudo

And that may well all be true, but we but need to be careful where we are going as a country, where we don't call out when the gardai or the state over reach their powers to silence people who don't agree with them. You can be sure they wouldn't arrest someone for saying they'll be judged by Allah.

The family may be as mad as the march hare, but they are still entitled the same correct procedures as you, I or any other citizen.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I know it does. Thing is that with violent offenders we'd say they should take anti anger classes. And rather than keeping him in prison indefinitely, would it be better to give him some therapy.

This is not her first offence for this exact behaviour.

She interrupted another Coroners hearing a few years back, about a young girl who died from complications due to underlying conditions during Covid.

She lied to get in to the court by claiming to work for a newspaper that hasn't existed in a century and then proceeded to shout and roar about Anti-vax bollocks causing massive upset to the family of the deceased , just as she did this time as well.

She wasn't "calling out the Gardai or the State for overreach" , she was babbling nonsense conspiracy theories.

The failure of the Judge in Limerick to deal with that assault case properly does not make the prompt judgement for Jemima Burke somehow wrong.

The entire family believe that they are above the law.

They aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭KaneToad

Did she not use the fake newspaper reporter lie to get into one of Tony Houlihans pressers? Coroner's court is public, I think, anyone can just walk in. No lies required.

As someone mentioned earlier, the Burke's often have valid cases. I believe Enoch has a case against school - not that I agree with his stance. Ammi's WRC case was potentially sound. They've previously been successful in court, the predicted Leaving Cert grades, Isaac's PhD delay.

But for reasons of religious zealotry they've decided to take this current stance of disruption, chanting, shouting. They know this will hamper any attempts they take to get what they perceive as justice. It's a pity, there is so much potential in these young, intelligent people. Religion is such a stain on humanity.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭scottser

If you define violence as an intent or the causing of physical or mental harm then they are guilty, plain as day. They have accosted and verbally assaulted both Simon Harris and Alan Dillon, screamed abuse at judges, Gardai and court officials. It's their MO and if Dillon or Harris had any sense they should ensure that the Burkes again be hauled in front of a judge to account for themselves.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

That is true while the are young and at home, but when people go away to college etc…. They usually develop a perspective of their own……. Unless perhaps Dad drove them to Galway everyday or something….

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

What do you mean what "happened" to her. Load of nonsense. She broke the law, she was tried in court and found guilty. The only dubious things are the straws some people clutch at to stick up for a family who exhibit repeated criminal behaviour.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

Was it an overreach or incorrect procedures? I really don't believe it was.

This is the way it usually works, or should work when someone commits an offence. Plenty of people get arrested for public order offences and appear in court the very next day.

And "special" sittings of courts are called all the time, it's not unusual, or an over-reach.

I think the Burkes are pushing their luck and can expect no leniency from here on.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Babyreignbow

All in the same week as we saw a soldier given an easy ride by the system, this women was charged for saying the gaurd and the coroner would be judged by god, hardly the threat of the century.

The irony that they believe they are beyond judgment themselves.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

Like the Christian Nationalists in the US and similar groups across the globe, the Burkes believe that the country should be remade in their image and to their values. They don’t see anything wrong with any of their actions because of this belief.
    Back to Enoch, with the Leaving Cert well and truly over now, there is no chance now of him getting another release like he did on the Christmas holidays before.
    He’d go right back to Wilson’s on 1 September to ‘report for work’ and the whole circus would start again. Cost to the State of commiting him again (Gardaí, Prison Service etc.) and stress for Wilson’s staff and students. It would also give him a lot of attention unnecessarily too.

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

That's not violence of the kind which incurs a conviction for assault etc

Effectively an emergency court was assembled on the very day the incident with the corriner occurred

That's highly unusual

Not really, there are special sittings of the Courts for serious or timely matters all the time.
    If they didn’t do this, the Burkes would have continued to disrupt the Coroner’s Court and there was a distinct possibility it would be abandoned. The State cannot allow the administration of justice, tribunals, etc to be impeded like that. This was a very serious matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,411 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

if they had scheduled it for a later date they would have to deal with the full burke circus. better to get it over and done with.

Indeed , but they are well known zealots who will point blank refuse to comply with lawful orders and who will disrupt official proceedings for as long as they are allowed to simply because they think that the laws of the land don't apply to them and that they are answerable only to God.

So swift action was needed to ensure that those important proceedings, that the Burkes have absolutely categorically no valid reason to attend , are allowed to continue so that the family gets some closure around the events of their loved ones death.

Being interrupted by self-important entitled arseholes who want to shout and roar about their own agenda is NOT something that they should have to endure.

So , I for one am perfectly happy that she was charged , convicted and fined post haste. And if she turns up again having been told not to , she should be jailed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,438 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

If memory serves me right, there were a couple of them in third level at the same time, when they ran into trouble with the Societies org. Though I have no knowledge of this, I suspect they lived together and only associated with like minded people. It’s also worth remembering that they were as obstinate in college as they now are post-college, I know if I was there, I would have given them a wide birth, so they probably didn’t develop socially with the benefit of mixing with their peers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,626 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

To me, what is highly unusual behaviour would be for a group of people, any people, to harass and harangue on the streets of one of our towns the coroner as he's involved in hearing the circumstances of a death in a hospital, making invalid accusations against the coroner that he is covering up on how the person died.

There is an explanation for this: its the Burke family, the family involved in trying to set up the standard of religious belief for all in our country, the family which has set its mind to setting the standard to which our justice and court system mist adhere, the family who think they are right in all things so much that they - and their chosen one - are willing to have him sit in a jail here to demonstrate their will to win.

I am minded to point out the obvious and that is that the Burke family attempted to hijack a coroners court hearing - something totally unrelated to the row they have with the judges and Wilsons School - for their own publicity purpose and nowt else. I wont express what I think about anyone who considers the Burke family actions against the coroner as credible or legitimate.

Advertisement