Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enoch Burke turns up to school again despite sacking - read OP before posting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭eggy81

Goes to show the absolute hypocrisy between left and right depending on how you view things. On both sides. Stronger sentencing, more lenient sentencing, prejudice/racism or not. Right vs wrong. All seems very subjective depending on on world views. Mad world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

No, that's not what I said, I never said I admired the teacher, as he may have been rubbish for all I know?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Will the idiot go back to the school in September to annoy everyone? 100% he will.

Shure he will never be employed as a teacher again.

Post edited by Cluedo Monopoly on

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

If he is true to his word he should go everyday during the holidays and stay at the gates all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,432 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

This is a good move by the court as it shows some empathy for person jailed. It would be unrealistic to keep him there indefinately. This way the school can proceed with the disciplinary process before the new school term and he can be jailed again in September if he doesn’t comply with the court order, whatever public sympathy there is for him now will be further eroded if he turns up at the school when the new term starts having been dismissed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Quandary

His mother will make damn sure he returns to the school in September. It's another chance for the publicity she so craves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

I expect he'll continue to turn up, no matter what the outcome of the Disciplinary Appeal Pane hearing - he'll just refuse to accept any responsibility for his actions or abide by the decision of the panel, just as he refuses to abide by High Court orders.

In his delusion, he thinks he has done nothing wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is Wilson's entirely private or does it receive state funds for teacher salaries?

I wonder how long more he can be fully paid?

He must have a great nest egg built up now with his last year's accommodation at the taxpayer's expense.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

he owes the taxpayer the guts of €500000

• Registered Users Posts: 23,503 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres no public sympathy at all aside from the eejits who still think he was jailed because of "woke pronouns". Those gombeens will never not cheerlead his every move.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,943 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

If the enormous sums racked up for fines is not paid, I wonder if his salary as a teacher can be garnisheed? I presume he is suspended on full pay pending the disciplinary hearing?

If he is dismissed, then the garnishee option is gone isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The department of education pays the salaries of the teachers in private schools here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭dubrov

Mostly true. The state pays for one teacher per 19 for public and one teacher per 23 for private. Fees basically make up the shortfall before any extras

Hilarious.

If he wants to blame anyone for "robbing two years of his life" he should take a long, hard look at himself, and his parents.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,239 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Of course she had time and if it was not sufficent there is an appeals process she could have follow as well. You keep repeating the same thing over and over without adding any of substance to it. So there is not point in wasting time responding to you unless you come up with something new.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,445 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

This is all so very predictable.

He will be back at the school come September, and back in jail again.

At that stage, he should be put in the care of mental health professionals, that kind of behaviour is a massive worry for anyone with a brain. Just imagine purposely wasting your own time, and putting yourself in prison for what can only be described as stupidity.

Some will see this as some sort of victory. Let them. Most see this for what it is, letting a moron out of jail and just letting it play out.

The prisoners in Mountjoy must be breathing a sigh of relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,767 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

There is nothing to admire about him. He has been brainwashed from birth, along with his siblings.
    If you were to ask him 6 times ‘why?’ to his objections to transgenderism or anything else, he would not be able to drill any deeper than ‘because of God’. There is no depth or substance to anything that they do other than it is their interpretation of a book and everyone should follow the teachings of this book as they see it. No choice. No freedom. No thought. Just do as we say.
    The Burkes are a cult, no different from the Moonies or any other one you care to mention. They are adults being led around by their parents to do their bidding.
    They all need help. Unfortunately 400 days in the Joy hasn’t made a dent in the indoctrination of Enoch so I don’t see any of them ever escaping.

Post edited by hoodie6029 on

The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,912 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

A waste of space he and his family are. I can not wait to see him go back to prison or wherever he ends up. Personally I think they should all be sent to a mental hospital for a year or two.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭TinyMuffin

spare a thought for Enochs girlfriend who probably got an almighty rattle last night. Overseen by mammy of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,503 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

• Registered Users Posts: 34,648 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

You said you admired his "principle and belief", his principle and belief is that it's OK for him to bully a pupil.

Own it.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,431 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Wait a second, he has a girlfriend?! Is it his sister?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭lmao10

I doubt any of the kids have even masturbated. Isn't it considered a sin? If a lad is willing to spend years in jail like he was, with familial support, then I think it's a fair assumption to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,893 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'd imagine Enoch's release will only encourage them all to up the ante, we should take bets on what the next stunt will be.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭kegg

Surely some of them will be in Dublin for Pride today?

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭BK5

The process for getting him sacked from Wilson's needs to be moved on straight away so he can be arrested for trespass in September and he stops getting paid finally.

Now I've no sympathy for him or his family on any level, but looking at the article above where he states that he was robbed of his freedom for two years (totally delusional) I couldn't help but think his life is over now because of his actions.

He's going to be sacked, he's unemployable for the rest of his, no money, no prospects and he's only in his 30's.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,839 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Not necessarily. There's plenty of fundamentalist groups in the US that would probably (and maybe already are) support and fund him in solidarity.

• Advertisement

Having filed successfully at the very last minute for an injuction against the DAP proceeding last July, (and that injuction subsequently being overturned) my prediction is they will look for some another reason to file for an injuction against the DAP process going ahead this year.

The Burkes do know court procedure, and how to (ab)use it.

Advertisement