Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q-School 2023

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭US3

From the names I can recognise there's 9 Irish over there, probably a few more. Conor henaghan our best hope I reckon. Surprised his brother hasn't entered

Post edited by US3 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭boomdocker

Lots of interesting names there

One that stands out is Harry Ward - he won a tour card 2 yrs ago by winning one of the qualifying days, then went on and backed that up by winning a players floor event that season and lots expected of him. Only in his early 20's. Then announced that he was giving up, saying he didn't have the hunger and desire to be a pro player

Name is on the list this year. One to watch with interest, good player

Simon Whitlock's son Mason on the list too

• Registered Users Posts: 39,570 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Some fella from Switzerland averaged 42 in his match today

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

There have been three averages of 39 so far. I wonder can we go lower?

Corey Cadby beat in his second game

• Advertisement

Not familiar with too many of the irish names, but Dylan Slevin looks to be amongst the in form players today, judging by his scoring

Ya Dylan is playing great. He narrowly lost the Irish open final to Klassen in November

Dylan into las 16, won a close game just now v Graham Usher, both players averaging 95+

Won that so now has guaranteed himself a place in stage 2 of Q School later in the week. Came back from 4-1 down in the last game to win 5-4

Brilliant, well done to him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,590 ✭✭✭roosterman71

I'm surprised Beau Greaves isn't competing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

Shane Mcguirk 100 average in his first match today. Rest of the irish aren't really standing out apart from Dylan yesterday

Jesus wept. Imagine paying the 500 entry for that

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,275 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

You'd score more throwing blindfolded.

Corey Cadby on a good run today. Sherrock out but up to 3 points and with a good leg difference, one more point should see her through.

Shane McGuirk is currently 4-1 up in his l64 match so looking good.

Shane wins his L64 match and moves onto 4 points, should be enough there even before playing his L32 match

Corey Cadbey and perennial Finnish qualifier Marko Kantele both make it through in the euro Q school

Amazing how Cadby is still playing a consistent 90+ average despite not playing competitive darts for years. I'm convinced if he was on the tour full time he would be top 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭munster87

That is horrendous. My 4 year old daughter could probably beat him

• Registered Users Posts: 11,277 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Yeah he’s a beast.

Still only 27, if he kept his head down and gave it a solid two years he would be in the top 10 with ease I reckon.

• Advertisement

Ciaran Teehan out, never really kicked on from his couple of appearances at the worlds and decent enough showings in 2020 and 2021

Wesley Plasier out of the euro school. I fancied him to get a card after his performances on the euro tour this year

Shane McGuirk moves on to 5 points and locks up his place in the second phase. Few other Irish still in, Stephen Rosney needs a win to be certain I'd say others probably need 2+ wins more

Rosney guaranteed a spot in the final phase. There's a few more Irish players but they'll need to make it to final round today.

Edit just noticed Liam Gallagher needs one more point to guarantee himself a spot

Billy Fogarty will get in if he wins the match hes playing now but he is 2-0 down currently

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭TipsyMcStagge

Saw a 38 today in Euro Q school imagine paying 500 quid to embarrass yourself like that. Edit a Michael Laeng averaged 35.82 in a Euro Q school game today.

Fogarty and Gallagher both lost their L64 match 5-0 and are out. Niall Culleton 3-1 up in his L64 match, his set difference is decent so a win in this might be enough, if he wins this and his L32 match he'll be in

Shane McGuirk, Stephen Rosney, and Niall Culleton all through to stage 2. Is there any other Irish through bar Dylan Slevin who got through on Day 1?

• Advertisement

Conor Henegan and Michael Flynn auto qualified for stage 2. Thats it I think, yep Culleton through even if he loses this match 5-0

Advertisement