Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queens Terrace, decent area?

Options
  • 06-01-2023 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I see there are a few properties for sale in the Queens Terrace area of the city, does anyone have any experience of living or renting in this area? Is it a decent or dodgy area...young people or mature?

Im currently living out by the Cork Road area so dont know much about Queens Terrace. I did hear though that the flats on nearby Barker Street can be very noisy and a lot of renters there.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,113 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Very old area, would be mix of residents I’d say as people died and homes were either sold on and rented over the years along with some elderly residents still there..

The min things I’d be looking for is the quality of the house, how well it has been modernised and refurbished

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

I know the area very well. Queens Terrace is actually a nice spot. It is well maintained by the people living there. Also, for a city centre location there is good parking. The apartments in Barker Street are gone a bit shabby alright. However a lot of them are empty and have not heard of any trouble from them. Would want to be some noise though to bother you in Queens Terrace. So I say go for it.

Would love to be living in the inner city myself again alas life has taken me in another direction.

Advertisement