Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Severe Memory Loss and Psychosis - Which would be the best sector to work?

Options
  • 06-01-2023 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

I am undergoing Severe Memory Loss and Psychosis - Under treatment for last 15 years. I currently work in IT, but due to the severity of memory loss I feel much stressed and nervous in my job. I had the memory issues since my early childhood. The struggle becomes more prominent due to the high dosage anti-psychotics I take that cause sedation. I am somehow dragging myself to my work place due to financial commitments like mortgage, kids education etc.

What would be the best sector for me to work that would not be much impacted by my mental health issues? Something procedure oriented like clerical work?

My wife earns around 55k per year from her job. So would I get any disability financial support from social welfare? Or is my wife's salary above the income threshold? Even if I get a 1000 euro per month from social welfare, that would be enough for my personal expenses.

Any guidance welcome.

Advertisement