Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EOTech Dot sight

• 07-01-2023 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

For sale a genuine EO Tech dot sight. Will mount to a standard piccatiny rail. New battery installed. €100 in Co. Meath

Post edited by MDC2000 on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭freddieot

Can you give a type / model number and moa. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MDC2000

Hello, it’s an EOTech 512. It has a custom reticle direct from EOTech. It was designed for an AR15 used in 3 gun competition in Canada. The centre dot is quite fine. Would say 1/2 moa. It’s in Kells Meath and can post it no problem if interested. Attached is a drawing of the reticle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Richard308

The adjustment screws look wrong. Eotech 512 screws are recessed into the housing. You sure it’s a 512? Have box paperwork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭freddieot

Thanks. You mention new battery installed. What type of battery does it take ?

Also, is this some very older model as the control buttons on the back and the manufacturing quality stickers don't look like they usually do on the existing models.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Well the adjustment screws are odd because this doesn't have the protective housing attached:

Also looks unlikely to be a 512 OP, way too short for the long battery compartment.

The clamping screw seems a tad odd too, never seen one like that before.

EOTech has a guide on spotting fakes:

https://www.eotechinc.com/help-center/counterfeit-detection

And from a quick read this seems to pass muster based on the images posted thus far.

Also a thread from another forum where another older 2004 EOTech was sold and suspected of being a counterfeit, with pics which may be helpful for comparison:

https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/item-gone-fs-eotech-551-a65-holographic-sight.639454/

Only thing is I never heard of EOTech making a 3 gun reticle like the above for their red dots.

Scopes yes, but not red dots:

https://www.opticsbuddy.com/products/eotech-vudu-1-6x24mm-precision-rifle-scope

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Wadi14

After doing some digging online, the first holosights where made by EOTech for Bushnell. Check out Bushnell Holosight, it should all becomes clearer.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 MDC2000

Hi All,

The sight was made in 2001. I bought it from a very reputable guy that is well up in the 3 Gun circuit in Canada. He said it was a custom job from EOTECH. I have used it for number of years now and it has been flawless. It uses the small stubby batteries that are about the same diameter as an AAA. Don’t have it in my hand to verify the exact battery number. I don’t have any documentation or packages. They are long gone now.

Hopefully I haven’t been scammed but I doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 882 ✭✭✭Wadi14

I personally don't think you have been scammed, before EOTech became well known they manufactured the first holographic sights for Bushnell, when these sights started to take off, EOTech decided to manufacture them with their own branding.

Its only when EOTech became successful in later years the fakes started to materialize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Munsterlad102

Got any more photos of it? Preferably of the reticle. Does it take CR123A batteries?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20 colmm4

Is it still available thank you

• Advertisement
Advertisement