Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Insurance doubled

• 07-01-2023 10:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

I got a quote from BOI home insurance (RSA) and it has nearly doubled to approx 650 per annum.This property is used as a holiday home. Any recommendations who to join?

Post edited by fire_man on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭fire_man

Thanks will try them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Liam2021

Mine doubled with BOI aswell for my holiday house. I went with AXA very good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭walterking

Boi are simply a sales agent for one of the companies.

I've holiday home insurance with Liberty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,576 ✭✭✭jmreire

Moral of the insurance story is shop around. Despite all the hoo-rah about double pricing where new customers were being quoted better prices than long term customers, who just paid up year on year being banned, seems to be still active. So shop around, get multiple quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭JTMan

Don't go looking for recommendations. There is not one provider that has the lowest rate for all.

Instead, use multiple price comparison sites and also go direct to a few providers too. Get a large number of quotes.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

They clearly don't want your business. Shop around or use a broker to do the legwork.

Advertisement