Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2023

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭pigtail33

I now have it tuned in and added to my favourites. Very late compared to previous years, although I find September too early for Christmas music. I need to wait for the weather to change.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

This is where I ended up as well. A tradition is a tradition I guess.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

From Monday afternoon, Channel 5 are starting to show a Christmas film every day during the week. They tend to be of a Hallmark standard, if that's your thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

Hallmark style Christmas movies are a bit of a guilty pleasure of mine as a 31 year old man! I love how the big dilemmas are fairly mild and non-issues compared to dramas and the airy-fairy nature of it is a proper escape from the doom and gloom. They've nothing on the classics - White Christmas, Home Alone or It's a Wonderful Life but I think they have their place in the buildup 😅

• Advertisement

I didn’t know this happened until now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,882 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yeah, I missed the one in Cork too - very quiet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Hard to believe that in little over a week this thread will be closed & we'll be in season. I know work has been particularly hectic for me this year but still, the pace this year seems to have gone at is frightening. At this rate I'll be retiring soon!!

Anyway, we got a load more christmas stuff bought yesterday, the kids are nearly done with gifts & clothes, so despite a slow start in 2 weekends we've managed to blitz it (& spend a small fortune in the process!)

so feeling a little less stressed!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭tscul32

There were icicle lights up outside one of the local restaurants when we walked the dog earlier. Kinda gave me the feels 😁

Saw the same with a pub on the drive home from the office yesterday, it was dark so the lights being turned on made it really stand out. With the clocks going back this weekend and it getting darker earlier I wonder how long before we see christmas lights everywhere!

"I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement

My sister was flying home from Dublin airport at the weekend and told me there are Christmas decorations up in Duty Free. She didn't send any photos!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jervis Street shopping centre all decorated for Christmas now. 🙂

Passing the Pavilions shopping centre in Swords this morning and the elf said he thinks he saw some lights/decorations up. Will check it out tomorrow.

Blanch usually wait until after halloween so expecting the weekend of 4th for theirs to appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭BK5

Apart from two movies channels switching to Christmas mode in the last month it looks like the music and food channels will wait till we are in season to switch over.

There's another TV channel, usually called That's 70s, that has changed over to That's Christmas. There's a mix of music and films on it. They were showing White Christmas at the weekend. I have a free to air box, so I'm not sure if it's available on Sky etc.

Turns out what he saw was the lights from a kiddie ride 🤣🤣

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,628 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

A Christmas mirage! 😂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Speechless at this Christmas sweater...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭BK5

That is one ugly jumper! 😅😅

I was channel hopping last night and Love Actually was on 5star. Managed to watch about the last 45 minutes of it, love the film and even though I've seen it loads of times I still choked up where Jamie (Colin Firth) goes to Portugal to ask Aurelia to marry him, one of my favourite scenes in any film.

The time is upon us to bid farewell to this thread for another year. The season is fast upon us now. We won’t be out of season again until January 2024.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement