Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2016 Landrover discovery sport

• 08-01-2023 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭

Hi all,

Im looking to upgrade my car I want an suv (with some off-road capabilities) and was looking at a 2016 Landrover discovery sport but Every time I google them I’m getting bad reviews or would I be better off looking at a Volvo XC60?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

Avoid Ingenium engine like the plague. V6 3l is fine. That's all across the range if it's ingenium engine walk away. Actually run away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭User1998

The V6 is fairly unreliable too

A Discovery Sport is not luxurious, so in my opinion its not really worth the repair costs and lack of reliability. At least with a RR Vogue or a RR Sport you get an outstanding car apart from the reliability.

I’d look elsewhere, there are other options out there with AWD, but they probably won’t be great off road. BMW, Merc, Audi, Lexus, etc all have AWD SUV’s that will be more reliable and probably better cars overall

Advertisement