Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ZGemma H7 - odd volume & EPG issue

• 09-01-2023 12:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭

I have been using OpenATV on my H7 for a couple of years now and it has always been reliable... until yesterday. Something has changed or has been changed in the setup so that HD channels with a Dolby soundtrack are very easy to hear and understand at low volume settings, while SD channels with no Dolby soundtrack are impossible to hear at the same volume level, to the point where the volume has to be raised to 2x or 3x the setting for HD.

I went through the menu settings several times and couldn't find anything obvious amiss, so I decided to download OpenVix to a separate slot and configure and test that. This worked great - the volume settings are the way they used to be and there is no glaringly obvious volume difference. Also, the default OpenVix skin gives so much more information than the OpenATV one.

One thing that is odd on both interfaces is that the EPG for some channels only gives Now & Next and not the full 7 days. Examples are Now 70s, Now 80s and CNN/CNN HD. Can anyone suggest a reason for this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,561 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

OpenVix defaults to the Freesat EPG which only includes the main channels. You need crossEPG configured to collect the rest of the data. See here for details.

Advertisement