Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hard water softener

Options
  • 09-01-2023 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to have a water softener installed in the house. Has anyone had one fitted and can you recommend companies in the south east?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,161 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I tried Henry Maher for one before but think it was his son I dealt with. Didn’t like his attitude to be honest. Went with a his crowd from tullaroan

https://www.directwatertreatment.ie/HardWaterLimescaleWaterSofteners.htm

• Moderators Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭Spocker

I second this - chased Mahers for ages with no luck, and went with the guys from Tullaroan - very helpful, and a neat job

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Will third in relation to a negative experience with Mahers, dealt with I believe his son a few years back and he was very unprofessional. (His dad had originally installed the softener years earlier)

Had been chasing them for a repair job for a number of weeks, was first told no problem and they'd be out within week then they ignored calls, voicemails. When he eventually called out I mentioned how long I'd been waiting and he outright lied saying he had called to the house and I wasn't home, when I called him out on his saying I have CCTV and I'm notified of any visits to the property his response was far from professional.

Wouldn't recommend them to deal with and I won't be using them again. A example of how to loose a customer who had been happy with them before.

Advertisement