Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Car Checklist

• 09-01-2023 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭

Hi all

I'm taking delivery of my first every new car this week. I've never done it before so is there anything

obvious (for those of you who buy new all the time) that I need to check before I accept delivery - ie a snag list

type thing or other things to check off?

J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭sniperman

cant be much wrong with a new car,plus you do get a good warranty,only thing id be looking for are body marks/scratches etc,everything would be new i presume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭beachhead

Yes,bodywork,tyres,both keys working,doors opening and closing smoothly,seatbelts ,seats sliding,check thru dashboard controls,lights,indicators,windows,wipers.Look engine bay-spotless,nothing loose,check oil levels.Keep on eye warning lights,fuel gauge,spare wheel change kit,jack, etc etc Same as with a 2nd hand car.Not an exhaustive list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,858 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Check the reg matches what's on the documentation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Check that it has the equipment advertised at time of purchase. With the chip shortage some cars are arriving without some of the features the owner thought they were getting. BMW's losing touchscreen functionality is one example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 754 ✭✭✭dontmindme

BMW's losing touchscreen functionality is one example.

No harm, touchscreens in cars are such an inherently dangerous idea, I don't know how they're allowed sell cars with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 152 ✭✭jimbobmalones

Thanks all

Advertisement