Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Teacher / Hospital hiring ?

Options
  • 09-01-2023 3:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello . When applying for teaching jobs , is it a big advantage to have done some of your teaching practice in the school that has a vacancy ? I did my t p in Mayo & Donegal ( where jobs are scarce ) . I haven't had much luck in finding a full time role in Dublin . Perhaps schools have a big preference for hiring someone they already know . I teach the three business subjects to leaving cert level . My sister qualified as a physiotherapist in Scotland , she is having similar problems to me when applying for positions in Ireland ; perhaps hospitals also prefer to recruit applicants who have worked with them before ? Thank you .

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,305 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Or it could be that your resumes are poorly presented, you do not make a good impression at the interviews or any number of other possibilities. None of us are going to be able to tell you what the problem might be unless you provide some relevant information.

How often do you get to the interview stage?

How often do you get past the first interview?

How often are you one of the last few candidates in the running?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,317 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:

Closed; one thread in one forum only please.

Post edited by Nody on

Advertisement