Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beau is afraid

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I don't know what's going on, but am loving the energy of the thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Nobody does unhinged ball of nerves quite like Joaquin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

That trailer Paul Thomas Anderson plastered all over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Beau Is Afraid will be in UK and Irish cinemas from 19th of May

• Registered Users Posts: 13,749 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Based on the Odyssey, apparently. The Classics student in me is somewhat intrigued.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,060 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

I caught this today, and I think I'll need to let it percolate for a while. "Bonkers" doesn't really do it justice - it starts out like a demented mashup of Mother! and Twin Peaks and proceeds from there to increasingly weird territory.

I will say the third act felt like it was a bit baggy and less focused than what came before. (It also felt weirdly like it could be a short film set in the same world as Hereditary, which nagged at me a bit while watching...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Holy mother of Father Christmas this is one crazy movie.

I watched it over two sittings and I still can't get my head around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭Everlong1

Was toying with the idea of going to see this in the cinema, but three hours of head scratching weirdness seems a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

No not a cinema movie imo and definitely not one to bring a date on.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

It is showing on Sky now, very long with a sort of hypnotic Kubrick feel to it

• Advertisement
Advertisement