Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone install Ductless MVHR such as EcoVolt Zero1 or Lunos E60?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,651 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yeah fair point on the noise of a ductless system, it would be noisier as the motor is in the same room you are. The units though are rated to just under 30 decibels at a 3 metre distance so it isnt noisy but you probably would be aware of it. I run an air to air heat pump in the living room which operates at 50 decibels and it never bothers me anyway, like I know when it is running but it doesnt annoy me.

That aside I still dont think it makes sense financially to retrofit a ducted system because it means opening up walls and ceilings & floors, its not a small job compared to fitting a ductless system. It certainly can be done and a company will take your money but it would be at a massive expense compared to installing a ductless system. I had a quote on this before and a ducted system would cost me 3 to 4 times the price of what it would cost me to go with a ductless system, in fact more now as that was based on Lunos system at 500 a unit whereas now that BPC site has units for 230 each.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,469 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

I have also read the ductless system efficiency goes out the window if it's windy out and they are exposed. Cold air blowing forcefully over the heat exchanger.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skininthegame

Has anyone tried out these BSK ZEPHYR SINGLE ROOM HEAT RECOVERY UNIT?

Looks to be a good price, would love some feedback from anyone that's installed them.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭jasgrif11

I just purchased two of them. They arrived and I plan to install them next week. Only issue I see is locating a 168-170mm core bit. The wet bit will be messy for me and require a scaffold. I can't locate a dry bit anywhere...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

I have one and its very noisy, Seems to work well though.(Its in an attic office.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Yeah , I went to large Tool Hire place and nothing available

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jcro

I got one installed in our kitchen because we were always getting mold in a corner of 2 outside walls.We leave it on ,on low all day and night. We put it up to full extraction when cooking and leave it going full tilt until the windows are defogged. It doesn't take long then we put it back to low in-out mode. It works a dream.. We are very happy with its performance. Full tilt is noisy but so is a cooker hood. Low, we dont hear at all .The only gripe is it randomly jumps to full on without any reason. It doesn't seem to switch back so we have to intervene. If it goes " hido" in the middle of the night we have to go and shut it off. Don't know why it does that. Other than that its a great little piece of engineering.

Reg, John

• Registered Users Posts: 45 jcro

Im wondering if anybody else has the problem of the Ecovolt Zero1 randomly switching to full extraction speed. No reply from ecovolt ...

Thanks John.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Gotfoodforphil

For future people looking at this forum; we had four BSK Zephy ductless HRV units installed in the house, and they have been excellent. There are four speed modes, and three airflow functions (intake, exhaust, or switching between intake and exhaust every 70 seconds). There's a night time mode for use in the bedroom and they are very quiet when in this mode. In fact, they're so quiet that we use the "low" fan speed in our room, as it's still quiet enough to not bother us.

The app is also quite good, allowing individual control of all the units when at home or away, and allows you to schedule different fan speeds for different times / days.

The units can also be set to "boost" mode for extraction when a specific humidity is reached - for example, the one in our kitchen is set to boost when the humidity gets above 70 %, so no worries when cooking with steam in the space. Very much set it and forget it.

I'd highly recommend them and would be happy to answer Q's on them in future!

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭bemak

That is great to hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Did you get a spec sheet with them with CN compliance etc

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I have the box with the documents at home somewhere, but specs and energy certification only. I wouldn't think CN compliance would be an issue, there was no material change to the building as it was replacing existing open / passive vents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭denismc

How do you power your units? Did you have install extra wiring or are they connected to a socket somewhere?

Ah; so we took the opportunity to have them installed during a full re-wire of the house. They have their own individual spur to the fusebox, though I'm not sure if this is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,391 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

I remember looking at the Lunos originally and the cost was the single most reason I’d decided against them. I can tell you from the exploded view that the BSK units are constructed almost identically.
    I should have added earlier, you can also pair multiple Zephyrs if you wish when setting up to work together. I preferred to keep them individual and adjust as needed via the app or remote control.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭allinthehead

I'm happy to hear this as I've decided on installing a couple in my place, I've an air to air heat pump going in on Monday.

☀️

Advertisement