Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

62 days, 1 hour, 50 minutes

Options
  • 11-01-2023 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭

Until Marine Nationale pisses home in the Supreme and sets the Irish up for a helluva week !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

From starting to look through the Supreme, it does seem quite open, and at this stage quite a fascinating race to try and read. My initial thoughts after the DRF were to give Facile Vega another chance, and nothing I’ve heard from WPM would put me off that so far. They still seem confident in him, and they still seem to still think that he’s the best entrant from their yard also, from the interviews and stable tours etc that I’ve looked up. However the run was very poor, albeit they went off very hard. In retrospect, and when you see the struggles American Mike has had in particular, you can definitely pick holes in the bumper form from last season as well, and his first two runs over hurdles didn’t exactly set the world on fire either it possibly could be said. At the moment he’s still the one I’d go with though, but in looking for something else, and possibly something with the most potential to improve, I was drawn to Nicky Henderson’s Luccia, if she goes here instead of the mares’ novice. One could argue that she hasn’t beaten an awful lot so far either, but she’s won all of her races and a lot by wide margins, so similar to Constitution Hill last year, we may not know how good she is until we see her against other good horses. She will also have the mares’ allowance, and although mares don’t have a good record in the race (Like-A-Butterfly in 2002 being the last mare to win the race), at odds of 8/1 she may currently be one of the biggest challengers to Facile Vega at the head of the market if she runs.

Advertisement