Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing a HKC wired door contact with wireless?

Options
  • 12-01-2023 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have a step-by-step as to how to do this? I need to replace a faulty wired sensor a wireless sensor, and get the new sensor to talk to the panel.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

Go into engineer mode, service will come up. Hit # to devices menu. Yes. # to add rf devices zones. Make sure the battery is in the sensor. Scan for devices. When it scans it will tell you to id the sensor, do by pressing the tamper spring on the sensor. When I'd it will sound the internal siren.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Thanks David, much appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Sorry to HiJack OP but doing similar at the moment but having an issue.

Currently 7 other wireless sensors on the system, when I scan either zone or point the 8th gets picked up, when I press and release the tamper I'm getting no alarm tone (it takes me to a new zone or point, if you press OK it shows Zone or Point has no ID)

I've exited and tried a few times but same happening, any other ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Got sorted, thanks for the advice.

Advertisement