Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where did you grow up in Ireland? tell us about it.

Options
  • 13-01-2023 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Give us a paragraph or two about where you grew up and people and places long gone.

Mod Note: Deleted on user request.

Post edited by Manach on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭BalcombeSt4

Was born in a Dublin hospital in the mid-1980s & returned to Bray where I grew up & still live. I loved my grandparent's houses as they were in two of the nicest areas of Bray, one along the Newcourt road which had a granny flat built onto the side of the main house & had a huge garden to play in. During the summer we would have BBQs in the garden with a homemade built BBQ which has a much nicer taste than a store both BBQ. We would also have Sunday dinner down there & after dinner, we would walk up to the cross at Bray Head.

My other grandparent's house was really nice to. It was a 5 bedroom house with an upstairs & downstairs bathroom & 2 living rooms. They were also my only relatives in Bray who had Sky Sports & I loved Big Boxing Nights that my uncle used to buy on Sky Box Office in the mid 90s I'd always go down to watch if either Steve Collins, Prince Naseem or Tyson was on the card, I'd also go down if Man United matches were on. We would also have all my relatives in Bray go to the house for Christmas to exchange gifts.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,703 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Mod Note: This thread for sharing an oral history of Ireland and growing up is fine but please do not mention any Personally Identifiable information about yourself (personel names, identifiable addresses etc.)

Advertisement