Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HikVision Speed Dome DS-2DE4425IW S5 Stand-Alone Installation

Options
  • 13-01-2023 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

I'd REALLY appreciate it if someone could help me with the installation of this Speed Dome PTZ camera from HikVision. I am not able to get it online no matter what I do.

I don't have a NVR so I am trying to set this up on my phone, so I can access the camera remotely. I have a 64GB memory card in the camera itself.

So far, I have installed the HikConnect app on my phone. Initially, I tried to activate the camera using IVMS on my laptop. I plugged the camera directly into my router via a patch cable and I plugged another patch cable from the router to my laptop. However, IVMS is not picking up the camera at all. As far as I know, I cannot use the HikConnect app until I have activated the camera via IVMS. Does anyone know how I can get this camera working so that I can access it directly on my phone?

I have looked at loads of YouTube videos but these mainly focus on setting up the camera with an NVR...which I don't have. It's quite urgent for me as my old, cheap Ali Express camera has died and I now have no security on my property, which is relatively remote and there can be quite a lot of anti-social behaviour in the area.

Thanks a mil to anyone who can help with this!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭davidconroy46

You don't have any recorder so

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your laptop will need to be set with a fixed IP in the range of the camera.

You can also download use SADP Tool .This wilfind the camera regardless of the IP range.

Once the camera is set up within the same IP range as your PC and network you should then be able to add and view it on IVMS software.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Catherina Galway

Excellent thank you KoolKid! Quick question, how do I know the IP range of the camera if I can't pick it up to begin with? I'll Google this too in the meantime :)

I have the SADP tool downloaded and I'll try connecting it later today to see if it picks up the camera. I'll connect the camera to the router, and I'll connect the laptop to the router too. I'll then fix the laptop IP range to the IP range of the camera (once I know what this is). I'll post here again later on after trying.

@davidconroy46 no, I don't have a recorder. Eventually I'd like to install one and add more cameras if I can just get this first one sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭nogoodnamesleft

How are you going to view the camera remotely when you dont have a NVR?

Standalone are far as I am aware will record just to the SD card and that will have to be removed each time to view footage. Is the camera even powered up as in standalone mode it has to be via a DC supply (from what I remember) rather than being powered over POE.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The IP should be on the box if it's new . The default is 192.168.1.64.

Sadp Tool will pick it up regardless. Are you powering through a PSU or via POE?

• Advertisement

@KoolKid I'd like to use POE but I don't have a POE injector. Actually, I have a POE injector, which is not a HikVision one, but I have no idea if it will supply too much power, and risk causing damage, or too little power. To be on the safe side, for now I will just power it with the supplied PSU (3-pin plug and 12v adapter). I will run a separate ethernet cable to it for data. I don't see any IP address written anywhere on the box so I'll try the default one you provided thanks.

@nogoodnamesleft I'm very new to CCTV installations, especially these more professional products, but as far as I know the HikConnect app will allow me to view it remotely. My old AliExpress camera also only had an SD card, and I was able to view it remotely with their UBIA (or UBOX) app. I could even play-back recorded footage from the SD card. I'm hoping this HikConnect app will allow me to do the same, but again, I'm a beginner with this stuff.

No luck, can't pick up the camera at all with the SADP tool. I tried configuring it via IVMS-4200 also by adding the IP address of 192.168.1.64. Not picking anything up. After lots of Googling, I still have no good directions for changing my laptop's IP to match the camera's IP. I tried it in the network connections properties but I just get warnings about things not matching up.

Is the camera powering up ? It should go through a short startup sequence when it tests PTZ up down left right.

It's powering up alright, and it is doing the start-up sequence as you mentioned. I might see if I can try it with a different PC, just in case there is some issue with the one I am using, but I'd doubt it.

Have you tried an IP scann5to see if it picks up on any range. Also maybe try default the camera to be sure of the IP.

• Advertisement

@KoolKid Yesterday evening I connected the camera directly to my laptop's ethernet port. I turned off wifi, powered up the camera and then used WireShark to look at traffic on this ethernet port. I was seeing these ARP requests from 192.168.1.64, which is the default IP address you mentioned above. The request was something like this:

ARP 60 Who is 192.1.... Tell 194.168.1.64

I Googled this and it seems to be to do with the camera trying to get a MAC address of the ethernet port I connected the camera to on my laptop. I ran the SADP tool but nothing. I tried it on another laptop, but the same result.

I enabled IP routing too, but I have no idea if this is useful or not for this issue. For whatever reason, SADP is not detecting the camera even though I can see the default IP address of it on Wireshark, unless there happens to be something else with the same default IP address, but I don't think so because I have it wired directly into this LAN

Is there maybe another software, other than SADP that can be used to activate these cameras? My knowledge of networks/IP ranges etc. is extremely limited unfortunately. I'm trying to learn but it seems to be a VAST area

Thanks!!

Can you browse directly to the camera when connected. Does it respond to pings?

Wow, I was able to reach it. I disabled the WiFi adapter completely. I then changed the LAN/ethernet adapter settings to 192.168.1.xx (two different last digits to the default camera IP) and it pinged successfully. I then tried via the browser and it connected to a HikVision screen.

Now, I just have to go about setting the whole thing up, so you may not have heard the last of me :) I was beginning to think the camera was a dud. Phew!

Thanks a million KookKid!!! You have been a fantastic help!

Anytime. Come back if you need anything else.

Advertisement