Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DGW 20 Matchday Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Fair play to Utd,but that 1st goal should not stand,Pep will explode,Arteta laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Fair play to those who captained Rashers

I transferred him in for Mount

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Yep but always felt the spurs at home was where he was mostly likely to haul…glass half full 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Xander10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,159 ✭✭✭COH

Apparently there are 3pm games 🤷‍♂️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,683 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Onana (Gray)

Penalty to Brighton possibly - gone to VAR

Update: not given. Liverpool sound dire by all accounts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,618 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Not alone that they sound dire,they look absolutely brutal, being completely played of the pitch and no MF or outball

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭crushproof

Marsh goal

Podence goal

JWP goal

JWP equaliser

• Registered Users Posts: 8,737 ✭✭✭shmeee

Matip with big error at the back, Liverpool have been a shambles today.

• Advertisement

So glad I got rid of all Liverpool assets, can't get over how rubbish they are at the moment.

2nd Marsh goal

Unreal

Ferguson must be a genuine contender now for selection. great assist

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So frustrating having CS Bueno on the bench with a 9 minute Digne 1 point stinker taking a first 11 place.

JWP free kick.

Wellbeck with Brighton's third 😬

• Registered Users Posts: 17,266 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Salah to KDB looking like a good move now eh?

One assist so far from 25m+ of assets - are they still best 2/3 fantasy players this season or people just looking at last year and basing it on that? Other than the goal did KdB do much? Did DDG have any saves? I mightn’t have done much better with who I brought in but that doesn’t mean selling them was wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

Salah and Liverpool, obviously, just not the force of the last few seasons (possibly excluding the season they defended the title when they were quite poor also) at the moment. I have Salah in my team, but on first glance, the straight swap to KDB isn’t really appealing to me. I could go for it, but I agree with the above post: I’m not sure he’s worth the outlay at the moment either, and I think his numbers this season back that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,531 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Salah an absolute disgrace today again.

Gone for me now.

The gambler scores a pen, well done anyone who held onto him. So many us got rid thinking he'd be out for the rest of the season!

I'm kinda shocked how bad salah looks tbh, has he lost his pace of what is going on with him, I'll be getting rid also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

FWIW, I would say that today was Salah's worst ever performance in a Liverpool jersey. The whole squad look devoid of confidence and are struggling. I can't advocate owning Salah when he is the price he is. If he was 9 or 10, you could make an argument for owning him, given how he still has 23 G & A is 27 games all comps. On pens etc, but saying that Liverpool are the only PL team to not win a penalty this season.

Mitoma on that other hand....all aboard!

What incentive does he have if he got the big contract last year? It's terrible how many top players form drops off after the big contracts are signed.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

The loss of Mane is not being seen for how serious it is.

JWP looked good today. Another one of the players who lights up and then the moment you get them into your team does absolutely nothing. The south coast Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

In terms of the defensive work, pressing etc, definitely yeah. I think the loss of Jota is very understated myself here. He's missed basically the whole season so far, but there was an upturn in attacking output when he played. Jota has only played 375 mins all season (roughly 4 games worth) and in the time that Jota was on the pitch, Liverpool scored 10 goals. Jota assisted 5 of those.

Mane was actually playing quite poorly as a LW for a while, but the switch to playing as a CF with Diaz on the LW seemed to reinvigorate him.

Mane's stats last season were (all comps);

LW: P30 G11 A3

CF: P18 G12 A2

I said in the pre season that i thought that there might be a switch in the role of Salah this season to creator rather than goalscorer. When there was the change to 4-2-4, he was seen too wide, and not close enough to goal. It helped stretched the play but left Salah having to beat a few players on his own in order to get a shot. Not ideal. Until Liverpool have at least Nunez + one other regular forward starting, in addition to Salah, I wouldn't consider Salah as a FPL option again tbh, especially at his price. And even then, you have to see where he is playing. I would consider Nunez though, given how involved he always is. Jota is still too far away yet fitness wise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭howareyakid

He’s a player who I don’t think I’ve ever owned. He was excellent today though, and he is a wonderful player. I think in the last season or two, he’s added a bit more consistency to his game as well, I think. He played in a more number 10 role yesterday, and I think if he stays there, he could be a viable option and a differential. Gibbs-White another possible differential. Owned by less than 1%, he came up with two assists yesterday and has some favorable fixtures coming up.

Post edited by howareyakid on

Advertisement