Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bike2work from non local shop

Options
  • 14-01-2023 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks

im looking to get a bike through the bike2work scheme, I’ll save over €700 after all.

my ideal as it’s a daily commuter in and out of work is the TENWAYS CGO 600 which is only available online from the Netherlands.

has anyone expletive of successfully completing a bike2work request with an online merchant and if so is it as simple as pricing an invoice to your employer?

I’m set on this bike and not least because of its quality company’s and positive reviews but also as it’s €1000 cheaper than anything comparable!

https://www.tenways.com/products/cgo600

thanks in. Advance

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,397 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It depends on your employer. Some employers won't deal with overseas merchants; you'll have to ask them. Does your employer use a middleman?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

As above, if your company pays directly, then its easy, they just buy it for you after you provide a quote. If its a middleman company then I imagine you won't get it. As an aside, middleman companies tend to actually be as much work as the company doing it themselves, so maybe if you know the accountant/finance in work, mention it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

That’s a good help folks

i assume it’s as simple as the retailer providing a quote or invoice?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Pretty much, but be aware that the Irish VAT rate must be paid, if I'm not mistaken.

Because we're both EU countries, the import tax shouldn't be any hassle, unlike some UK retailers.

Advertisement