Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strava breaks DCRainmaker

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

Theres a hacked Android app that apparently gives you some of the premium features free (dont know which ones as I have an Argentine subscription)

If anyone wants it, i can point them in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭JMcL

If you're going via Garmin Connect, they have a decent summary for the year as well (just on the website rather than the app for some unknown reason)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I did spend a while looking for my stats on the app 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

I originally had an Irish sub. Switched a few years ago to a Brazilian sub. Let it lapse this year (August) but now it'll only let me sign up to an Irish sub. I don't get anywhere near 60 euro a year worth so have no intention of signing back up to premium but if I was able to get back on a Brazilian or Argentine sub I probably would. Any idea how I get around this block? No VPN I've tried will work (admittedly I haven't spent too long trying either)

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

I've just tried express VPN while signed into my second Strava account and it recognises me as being in Brazil, have you tried it?

Or I could send you the cracked apk (installation file for Android) if you want it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭G1032

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭easygoing39

My Premium sub was up about 2 weeks ago.I did'nt bother renewing,but after 2 weeks I've missed the Premium feature's so I've signed up for another year,cost €60 which I don't think will break the bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

I don't use Strava Premium amymore. If I was to resubscribe, I would be emailing customer service about their EU pricing.

As far as I can see, Germany is higher than Netherlands, which is higher than Ireland, which is higher than Sweden. For a non-differentiated product across the region, it should be a single price, and they should know this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I had no interest in the Premium, especially on a point of principle after the way they stripped the free version of so many features, but signed up for a free trial earlier this year just because I wanted to check out a few KOM leader boards. Of course I missed the deadline for cancelling and ended up paying for the year. Don't get any value from it (just the way I ride, I'm sure others do) so will be cancelling at the end of the 12 months. If I remember. Which I probably wont.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

You can cancel now and it won't renew.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

But then what excuse will you have when you want it next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭Paddigol

I'm always afraid I'll end up cut off ahead of time despite being paid up. I'm an 83- year old man in a 43 year old's body... Tech is not my forte!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 16,727 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Can only see that being hassle for users.

Personally, I thought it was fine with the ability to leave a comment after someone's activity. Not sure if I want a chat app built into it, nor can I see my club using it for club messaging (as some are not on Strava).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,772 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Another thing that really adds nothing to the service. If you have my whatsapp or email, then you can contact me, if you don't, then realistically, I don't want to talk to you.

Yeah, of no interest whatsoever to me. I'll be worse if it's some godawful pile of shite like Skype became after Microsoft got their paws on it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

It can be handy for clubs or larger groups. I'm associated with a number of them in Strava but would have relatively few personal numbers of members and tend not to either join or set up and maintain larger WhatsApp groups. And it's opt in/out anyway so there's no obligation to use the functionality.

Many in my club group don't use Strava for various reasons whereas everyone has WhatsApp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭nilhg

Probably paywalled but not the sort of reaction Strava would have wanted.

Probably also an overreaction, Strava has a decent amount of privacy controls and no one is forced to use it in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Yeah, the default messaging setting is Mutual so unless you've already decided it's ok to follow each other you're not getting messaged from stalkers unless you've already vetted them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Shouldn't be enough though. It should be active opt in.

Advertisement