Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sell Individually or built (No GPU)

Options
  • 14-01-2023 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

I am changing to a SFF pc and as a result am going to need to sell off all of the below parts individually or try to sell it built as is (albeit without the GPU as I'll need that for the SFF build)

Would I be better off selling part by part or not do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cornholio509

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

It looks to me from a quick google as if the MSI Mag 550M Mortar WIFI is a matx board. If that is correct you could almost** transplant the whole thing into a Tecware Fusion/Sama IM-01/NOX HUMMER/Intertech-IM1/Itek IVOKE as is.

It is basically an OEM case that is resold under a number of brand names, and is sort of a copy of a Coolermaster NR200/P that can just about accommodate MATX boards.

The caveat is that it all won't fit as is.

• If you're using an ATX PSU, definitely the AIO won't fit, and it could also interfere with the GPU
    • Even replacing the PSU with an SFX model, there's a central panel that can support up to a 280mm AIO, but again that can be a very tight fit and is not always recommended - see here.

Otherwise as cornholio509 mentioned you can downsize some of the components - just remember there are only 2 ram slots on ITX boards, so you'd need to replace the ram if you want 32GB.

HTH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭dmigsy

How much are you thinking of selling it for if you sell it all together?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

cheers guys, but I've been picking up new parts over the past months when i spotted price drops so will be moving to AM5 for an upgrade path in future

I'd price the above 1400-1500

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭cornholio509

Well its a bit of a pain to give you a price on the parts even aas a whole or in bits . IF parts are still in warranty makes a big difference on what you can ask for and realisticaly get . i would suggest doing a cost check on the same system as new today and taking 25% off that . Then sell the system as is without the gpu . JUst make sure you wipe the SSDs clean and do a few passes to make sure no data remains that can be recovered . USe DBAN to do this .

As for the AM5 system going by benchmarks dont get the current X sku parts . non X cpus with the excption of the 7700 are more efficient and almost the same boost and base clocks . Performance metrics show they are within the margin of error for performance . That is if you havent got a CPU already . ALso remeber the X3d CPUs are also on the way in a few weeks aswell .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

will check out DBAN for wiping, cheers for the tip. I checked prices on the items mainly off amazon, so I feel my guide price of 1400-1500 should be fairly accurate seeing as its also built and working reliably.

A lot of the items look to still be in warranty alright

Advertisement