Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Probate interview

• 14-01-2023 9:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi,

I have a probate interview for my father's estate on Thursday.

Is the interview the final stage, ie should I expect to leave the interview with a piece of paper stating I have been granted probate or does it take a while after that?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It takes a while after that. I reckoned that one of the reasons for the interview was to establish if I was up to the task so have all the paperwork with you and be ready to field detailed questions about the estate. It's not an adversarial interview, the person I dealt with was very friendly and not at all demanding or aggressive but just be aware that one potential outcome of the interview is that they decide that you're not up to it and you will be obliged to engage a solicitor.

Be polite and businesslike and do not crack jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

+1 above.

Most importantly, bring the original will.

If no queries arise the next step is to pay the relevant duty. Check on what payment method they want before you attend.

AFAIK the papers are then reviewed by someone like a Probate Officer. If no further queries the Grant of Probate issues by post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 349 ✭✭Bojill

Thanks for the replies, it is indeed posted, and I should have it in the next 3 weeks.

Advertisement