Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor is useless - North Dublin recommendations?

• 14-01-2023 10:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi

Sorry I know there are a good few posts on this, but I'm seriously considering moving on from my current Solicitor for the following reasons:

• Support seems to be more administrative than advisory, simply being the post box (via junior support, not even the Lawyer) between me and my wife's Solicitor. I'm not sure I've ever had any actual "advice"
    • Usual story of terrible client service, taking weeks to respond to e-mails and completely ignoring direct questions
    • Virtually zero support when hauled into Court for maintenance order (when I was told I needed to attend with an hour's notice!) - wasn't really a negotiation at all I was just told to agree to what they demanded
    • Errors in documentation and generally getting lots of things wrong (and claiming they don't have information I have sent them)
    • General poor communication (it was only when I received an out of office that I learned my previous assigned Solicitor was on Maternity Leave for a year - zero warning!)

Probably my own fault for simply going with somebody local.

Paid them c. €7k to date and probably a few €k owed at this stage. Expecting a contentious court hearing later this year with Case Progression next month (wife looking for the word; usual story) and very worried she'll walk out with it as my Solicitor is so inept.

Also seriously considering going it alone as I feel I could make a far better case than my Solicitor can.

Thanks for any thoughts/recommendations.

Advertisement