Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

End of an era for me

Options
  • 14-01-2023 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Well after 14 years of deer stalking and hunting it's time to stop. This decision has taken 18 months, more so the past 6 months of this season. A heart attack in August 2021, at the age of 70, meant I didn't get to go out all of last season, and again not for the first part of this season, not that I wasn't well enough. It's been very hard to let go, but thinking of going out in the middle of nowhere without a phone signal could have ended up being where I could have ended up not getting any help if I got another big bang. Just as well that I still have my firearms for target shooting to keep my eye in and generally being able to still p!ss off many competition shooters.🤣🤣.

So I went out to the shed and found my fishing gear that has been hiding there for many years. This will keep me from going mad from not being able to go hunting. I'm not doing to bad at the fishing either. Catching plenty of Carp.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭endasmail

All the best Clive, met ye down at fox shoot in the midlands many moons ago. Always click on your started topics on here, the infamous one with the .223 and the super in Kilkenny was a good one.

Anyway, mind the health and all the best, enjoy the fishing.

Enda

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Eddie B

Getting out in nature is good for the mind and body. Good decision to slow down, just don't stop

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭BSA International

It'll come to us all sooner or later. Tough decision but a wise one.

You've still got skin in the game so all's not lost 😉

Best of luck & see you around 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭BSA International

That was a great day. You won, & won well, IIRC

😉

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭LONG DRAG

All the best in your new life, all most there myself, but will keep going for as long as I can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Best of luck to Clive,

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭keith s

Best of luck Clive, hope to still see you posting on topics and advice here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,031 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

You are still in the fight with the target shooting.[So long as the knees work]

Well,if you think it is time to retire from the field, then that's your choice and a wise one too if you feel you aren't up for it anymore,as no matter what people say stalking is hard work. So have fun down at the rivers instead.Hope to see you on the line sometime and trying to beat you too.

Best

Grizzly 45

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Out of the hunt but still in the fight..

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Mississippi.

Good luck and good health to you Clive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭JP22

Best of luck Clive, welcome to the club.

JP

Advertisement