Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New home: very strong sensor lights on the 2 houses either side

Options
  • 14-01-2023 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭

Saw a home last week that we were interested in and I noticed that the 2 houses either side of it had very strong, as in dazzling, sensor lights which are activated by people not only walking up by the house but one of the houses is also activated by people walking on the nearby public path!

We saw the home at 6pm so it was dark and although it didnt hit me at the time, when I looked back at the pictures there are heavy dark blinds on every window...which suggests that when you are in the sitting room and the sensor lights go off, you could have a constant flooding of strong light in your room every couple of minutes,not to mention at night when sleeping you have that light filling the room everytime some random cat or person passes nearby.

Has anyone ever had this problem? Maybe the 2 neighbours are happy to live in some blacked out cage to offset the effects of 2 strong lights but im not. Is this a red flag?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,962 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Your concerns are understandable I think I would find those lights hard to live with.

Apart from the inconvenience the lights might be an indication that there is anti social activity in the area.

If it was me I'd look elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭DownByTheGarden

I used to live in a house where a really, really strong light on a sensor shone into the garden from about 5 houses away. It was one of the most annoying things ever. Blackout blinds were the only answer, but even sitting in the garden in the evening this thing would blind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

While I understand your concern there isn’t a lot you can do about it other than walk away from the deal

If you are really interested in the house have a chat with your new potential neighbors if they appear reasonable they might remove or adjust the lights, if they are not reasonable it might be best to live elsewhere they could be your neighbors for a long time. You can installed a shield on some flood lights to stop the light spilling over into somebody else's property.

Advertisement