Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Platinum Credit Card BOI

• 14-01-2023 11:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,738 ✭✭✭✭

Always purchased everything via Debit Card and have no other emergancy facilities such as overdraft etc.

I was looking at travel insurance for an upcoming trip and wasn't aware until I was told Platinum BOI C Card offer a policy. I had a look and it's not the worst policy.

Im not the type of person who spends what I don't have and paying 30e stamp duty annuall was the main reason I never got one.

Just wanted to see if anyone had any taughts on weather card would be worth it or would I be better sticking to a seperate policy.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I had that BoI Platinum card but swapped it for a regular BoI CC a couple of years ago. The platinum card used to have other benefits like protection for accidental damage to items you purchased with the card, I think it applied for 6 months after the purchase. It paid for a replacement screen when I cracked the glass on a new phone a few years ago so that was handy. But they gradually stripped back the other benefits and all that's left nowadays is the travel insurance.

Not including the standard Govt. charge of €30, the annual charge for the platinum card was €76.18 which was 60 punts converted to Euros. I didn't think it was good value for money and I now have travel insurance as part of my medical insurance. It may not cover as much as the BoI policy but it covers the essentials so I got rid of the platinum card.

Your post suggests that you don't currently have a credit card so your additional annual outlay on that platinum card would be €106. You'd be much better off buying an annual travel policy.

Advertisement