Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Can I use Microbial Strains on plants ?

Options
  • 16-01-2023 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hey, guys actually I recently bought a microbial strain for plants but, I don't know what is the right way to use this can you give some suggestion.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,442 ✭✭✭macraignil

Different microbes interact with plants in different ways so how you use your microbial strain depends on what that microbe is. The more common ones I have seen mentioned are soil dwelling (mycorrhizal) fungi that interact with plant roots to promote healthy growth by increasing the surface area through which roots can take in nutrients and protecting the roots from less beneficial microbes , and inoculant bacteria which help particular species of leguminous plant develop a symbiotic relationship in the roots with these bacteria that produce forms of nitrogen from the air that plants can use to support healthy growth. If you bought a microbial strain product it should be supplied with instructions on use and details of what plants it is intended to help. I have seen these types of products used as powders that are simply spread in the growing area/planting hole before the plants are added.

Happy gardening!

Advertisement