Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Grand Prix 2023 - 16-22 Jan, ITV4, Eurosport, Discovery+

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,450 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Excellently break there by Murphy to claw one back.

• Mon the Murphy ye divil show us why they call u the magician

• Registered Users Posts: 4,465 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

Well a Trump v Allen final gives us the form men this season, but the way each have started playing lately it might not have the sparkling attacking snooker we would have expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,009 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Mark Allen is painful to watch in recent weeks. I'm sure with all his success recently means he couldn't care less but it's dull as dishwater.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

That was some red Trump played earlier at pace to knock the red out on the side rail. Frame 2 I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭patrickc

there's a real lack of a buzz about this final, Mark as said above is playing as dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

must be the arena there, what doesn't seem to lend itself to crowd involvement

been pretty muted from most of the few matches i've seen; mebbe they were especially quiet cos for a lot of the comp there's been two matches on the go

livened up a bit there ~2mins ago when Allen (momentarily) let Trump in 😊

they can only get themselves 'up' for it in a 'massive underdog' situation; or so it would seem to me 😂

GWAN Mark!!

What a long red there by Trump to get himself out of a pickle!

That should be 7 - 8 now.

Brave red by Trump and shoul be 8-7. 3 on the bounce since the interval

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Decider! Great comeback by Judd

• Advertisement

this session has been way better than the 1st.

Allen is fairly cold. Missed that red by a good bit. You'd have to favour Trump now

I feel sick for Trump for missing that yellow especially just after Allen missing an easy red, so I can't imagine how he feels.

Well done Mark Allen. A fair bit of grinding this week.

With 4 snookers for 14 points needed and the brown where it was I think you could justify playing on there, given what was at stake. 60 grand the difference.

well done Mark:) delighted for you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,165 ✭✭✭hayrabit

Mark Allen: "I was shaking like a shíttin' dog there" 😂😁😂

brilliant!

the atmosphere seems way less compared to the Ali last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,979 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Allen up to no. 3 in the world now; he has 3 times as many points/winnings as the next best player this season.

Yeah Mark Allen has earned half a million in prize money already this season.

It's a great life up at the top of the game, as it should be.

• Well sub taxes to be fair it’s a good bit less than 500k. But still absolutely minted haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I assume he is set up as a limited company, and that every expense he incurs (from travel expenses all the down to cue-tips and chalk) can be used to reduce his liability. But it's probably still sizeable a amount he has to pay. Also double maintenance for two prior relationships where there are children involved. And there's a bankruptcy which I'm not sure has expired yet. So might be less minted that we'd think, but he is definitely seizing the day to set himself up for life.

Advertisement