Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Struggling with naps for 15 month old

Options
  • 16-01-2023 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Our 15 month old was never good with naps but us brillant at sleeping through the night.

We had managed to get him to take naps for a while and when he started in the creche they were able to get 2 most days. However since he got croup before christmas its a disaster. At home he might evetually nap in your arm or get him off in the buggy.

They are having no luck at all in the creche. The odd day they might get him off in 1 womans arms.

Then when he comes home hes wrecked and doesnt want his tea, cries etc. Goes down most nights between 7.30 and8 and usually wakes around 6.30/7. There has been a few mornings we actually had to wake at 7.

Anyone else struggling with naps or have tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SmallgirlBigcity

I found a routine/schedule really helpful. So my little guy ate and napped at the same times every day. If you google Huckleberry nap schedule for a 15 month old itll give you an idea of what kind of naps your little one should be having, and an ideal bedtime to aim for. It's very hard to get babies that age to nap in their cot so I used to get him to nap in the buggy. It did involve a lot of walking though. And then I worked on napping in the cot. A sleep therapist might be a good idea. Best of luck with it.

Advertisement