Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealey mig welders

Options
  • 16-01-2023 9:00pm

Anyone know what's the difference between sealey mightymig and supermig. Is one aimed at the automotive work and the other for heavier steel work or what. Was looking at the 190amp upwards range.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Don't see a lot of difference in them to be honest, both are transformer based so no bells and whistles but the transformers are probably a little more reliable.

Post up the one's you're looking at and i'll have a look at the spec for you.

• Supermig 230 and mightymig 210.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Duty cycle is terrible on both those welders, if you were welding at 200amps which is'nt massive for mig welding (6mm plate) you'd only be welding for 1 minute in every 10 in order for it to cool down.

That indicates cheap internals, for what you get neither of those machines are cheap, both come with crap torches for example.

If you had to choose between one of those it would be the mightymig 210, slightly better duty cycle and the extra 20 amps in the supermig 230 is not worth €300 more.

Have a look through these https://www.oxfordwelders.co.uk/singlephasemig.html

Far better value, better built machines, from a company known for it's welders, i don't own one but i am considering buying one myself.

Advertisement